Today's 90 day report at KCI

90 day report this morning. In and out in 10 minutes. Had to fill in the intrusive form which appears to be the case for every visit. Perhaps it would be wise to print out a stack of completed forms for the future?

Thanks for the heads up Yorky, both for the 'Foreign National Information' form and traffic conditions at Prasat. I did download the new form in PDF format, printed and then re-scanned in JPG format. Then, with the aid of another program (VISIO) I was able to clean up the original, type Surin Immigration where appropriate and complete all my personal information. This is now safely tucked away on my computer system ready to print off as and when necessary. Printed one copy, stuck on my mug shot, ready to go for tomorrow.

I think I may travel via Lamduam to avoid the traffic at Prasat.

When you look at the map there does appear to be alternative routes from Surin to Kap Choeng. Last time we traveled down we went via Lamduam. Not too bad although there was some resurfacing in places. I guess they will be finished by now. However, the attractive I.O. at Surin Immigration said she traveled down daily from Surin and used an alternate route - marked in red. Anyone else tried this route?

img011.jpg

Go over to Lamduan then to Ban Sai road is far better. As for the 24&214 intersextion hold onto you nickers it won't be much longer.:D

Go over to Lamduan then to Ban Sai road is far better. As for the 24&214 intersextion hold onto you nickers it won't be much longer.:D
Its not just the Prasat intersection that bothers me. The work on the 214 between Prasat and Surin is also a mess. In many places the road narrows to just over a single lane because of the new central reservation. I drove down a couple of days ago and the new water features in the center of the road look very impressive. I wonder when the pumps will be turned on for the fountains. Sorry, me being sarky. With the big 10-wheelers and trailers carrying stone chippings all day long it can get a little hairy driving that route.

Its not just the Prasat intersection that bothers me. The work on the 214 between Prasat and Surin is also a mess. In many places the road narrows to just over a single lane because of the new central reservation. I drove down a couple of days ago and the new water features in the center of the road look very impressive. I wonder when the pumps will be turned on for the fountains. Sorry, me being sarky. With the big 10-wheelers and trailers carrying stone chippings all day long it can get a little hairy driving that route.

What are you diving a wheel chair? Need to get out more.:rolleyes::cool:

How did you get on at Surin Immigration today Nomad?

(And you never mentioned that you were in the Olympics!)

I took the scenic route to Cap Cheong via Lamduam and Ban Sai. A very pleasant drive through the fields and villages. After Lamduam we almost had the road to ourselves. Surin Immigration were at their usual best and once the chap in front had finished being processed, about a 5 to 10 minute wait, the '90-dayers' were called to the front - fast-tracked. I was processed and out within the next minute, being the first to be called. Must be something to do with my inscrutable persona although I am sure there were others in front of me. However, I think I have to pay for my sins as I noticed my wife writing her name and tel. no. on a piece of paper in front of the I.O. "What's that I saw? I inquired as we drove away to the south east of Cap Cheong. "Oh! I was putting your name down for the goodwill event being organised by Surin Immigration, with specially selected Farangs of course, to attend a goodwill event on 3rd October. Channel 3 will be coming along so you will get yourself on National TV too!" she replied. "Lovely!" I said, "Nice to know I am one of the specially selected Farangs and not one of the riff-Raff then" and drove home without further ado, again via the back roads. I will keep my inner most thoughts to myself as to what I really I think.

Last edited:
As my address is in Buriram Province. Does that mean I have to go to Buriram to do my 90 day report or can I still go to KC?

Aww Co-Co ...how is it that an erudite gentleman like yourself continually winds up in the Clueless section at Morrisons.

Weren't you aware regarding IMM's new media campaign -"Be Number One Welcoming Foreigners ['their money or whatever is left of it'] To Thailand"...weren't you ?

That picture is contained in IMM's latest guidebook for IOs and is framed on a wall at Korat Immigration.
Simply Co-Co , didn't you know ? (Seriously.)

The photo-shoot for the IO booklet also had yellow and blue flowered "happy tourist" shirts but the pink was chosen.

I believe they wanted ATB for the photo-shoot since he has been described as a 'hand-sum man' , but he showed up in a checkered shirt with tartan shorts wearing a gold chain.
It was decided he couldn't look the part of a tourist. ;;girl;;

One of the IOs went to check their Wanted List but thankfully ATB was long gone by that time. :p

So Co-Co, now you know. Then again as a British citizen along with being in possession of a British passport - you will always be one of the chosen few to know ever-y-thing.
Isn't that correct, Ivor. ;)

Confused yes, even more so because the 'framed picture in Korat Immigration' (who the fcuk goes there any longer?) is taken in Starbuck's Surin.

Back