TOT Prasat> FCUK THEM

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Its will be 1 year next month we have been on TOT fiber for internet and their iptv. During this time there have been issues but they sort of got worked out, For the past 2 months their system went to shit and the lies and none response out of the Prasat Office was total BS. Yesterday I called TOT help desk number that is in Bangkok I had to do 7 times they final and they finally connected me with an operator that spoke fluent english. She first confirmed our location and then I explained to her the problem she made a correction to the IPTV box from Bangkok. This correction helped tremendously but I noticed there were still issues. Today about 1:30pm a TOT truck and two techs showed up un announced, they were from the office in SURIN, they had proper fiber optic kits and computer. They spent about 30 minutes rewiring the connections inside the house. It was not wired correctly on the original installation. Lesson learned f**k TOT PRASAT. Call TOT @ 02 500 1100 This is the Bangkok help desk.

Couldn't agree more, just got my network problem fixed by doing exactly what you had to do...call Bangkok, get techs from Surin (actual TOT guys, not contract workers from Buriram like the first 3 times.)

mario299

Couldn't agree more, just got my network problem fixed by doing exactly what you had to do...call Bangkok, get techs from Surin (actual TOT guys, not contract workers from Buriram like the first 3 times.)

mario299

I'll let the system settle down for a week or two and if it is stable and as good as it is now I just might do a major upgrade on their IPTV.

Nice story GL. Just for the record I live in Muang Surin and TOT would not give me their fibre optic internet connection earlier this year. I was looking at her computer screen in the TOT Office and saw that the fibre connection went to Sintorn Village and Robinson's - Kokpalat is sandwiched in between both of them. No amount of protest would convince her to add me to their customer base. You are fortunate to have that service in Kap Choeng. However, a short distance across town and 3BB confirmed they would connect me to their fibre optic network. I signed up for their 100/10 Mbps service at 1200 baht/month. I think the TOT system may have a better international bandwidth although I am very happy with 3BB and my VPN, Golden Frog, who have just added a dedicated Thai server to their extensive network. The combination of the two, 3BB and VPN, give me a very good download capability - up to 20 Mbps through the international gateway.

Update. SSDD. aka SAME SHIT DIFFERENT DAY. Back to the way its was f**kED. :mad:Called Bangkok and did get an ENGLISH speaking twat:eek:. I was very nice at first but then she stared to play dumb ass with me I which point I told her I and the wife were tired of TOT lying to us:eek: at which time SWMBO took over the conversation and yes she also told them off:mad::D afterwards she was on the phone for 10 minutes withe this TOT bimbo. The wife did inform me that TOT would be back out with new kit.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your troubles GL. I know I would react the same as you. I would blow my top for sure. Looks like I was very lucky that TOT turned me down. I'll keep my fingers crossed but 3BB seems to be working well.

Went out and about for a couple hours came back and TOT is about 90%. and still f**kING UP. TOT fiber was the first into KC but 3B and **** have followed on their heals. TOT is the only one of the 3 that offers a true iptv package, 3BB does not have it and **** the only thing they have is sports package of your footy that I could give a rats ass less about. Our contract with TOT on the fiber is for one year and its up next month. I personally don't think that TOT can fix this and what I'm getting on this end is **** and 3BB are no better. Sooo I'm giving serious thought to going back to TOT copper hard wired which worked damm good. They use the same line as your land telephone WHICH btw we already have.:D. In the mean time I'll see if they show up in the next day or two or if I have to get nasty again.

Leaves you with something nice to look forward to over the next day or two.:rolleyes:

A month ago, viewing Thai Expat TV via an AppleTV from my iPad became nigh on impossible at odd times. It would appear to be buffering, but would simply freeze for minutes at a time before returning several minutes further into the channel being watched. We were promised a tech visit by TOT - but no-one arrived, drawing a further complaint. Another promise was made for last Thursday pm. You guessed - no one came. On Friday morning, two guys arrived and spent the next hour or so playing with FB and Line on their mobiles! They suggested that "our" fibre signal was being shared by someone else on the development (???), claimed that the download speed was 30Mbps and were nonplussed when they saw the <10Mbps speed recorded by no fewer than 3 services on my laptop. Streaming ought to be excellent on anything above 4Mbps, so why was my service stuttering so badly? I wondered aloud if it had something to do with a weak bluetooth signal. They had no answer and departed before they were lynched. On Saturday, the service was ok until I tried to watch Wales v Slovenia when it was back to its buffering self again. I tried to watch the F1 last night/this morning without any pleasure - it was as if it stalled each time there was a notable incident in the race - just as had happened on Saturday night in the football. I was only able to watch the Welsh goals on the action replays!

Today, I collected a new wireless router and connected it a short while ago. The lady at TOT had completed a complaint form for us while we were there. After connecting, I find that the same test sites that I used before are now recording 30Mbps...

Make of it what you will.

Merlin, keep us posted on how the stuttering problem goes after replacing the router. This is the same change I had to do when experiencing my network problems...i.e. Was getting internet on one laptop but unable to network to any other devices. After replacing my router with theirs, now no problems.

mario299

Merlin, keep us posted on how the stuttering problem goes after replacing the router. This is the same change I had to do when experiencing my network problems...i.e. Was getting internet on one laptop but unable to network to any other devices. After replacing my router with theirs, now no problems.

mario299
Are both of you on TOT fibre? If so, I guess the router is specific to TOT. However, sounds like Mario is on a more conventional connection.

TOT Prasat won't install Satellite at our plave in the Village because they said that people didn't like it and they had too many complaints. After explaining that we knew the limitations of Satellite Internet, they held to their guns and said they wouldn't install it anyway as they don't have any dishes left...... Go figure. I have to agree gotlost

Are both of you on TOT fibre? If so, I guess the router is specific to TOT. However, sounds like Mario is on a more conventional connection.
Nomad, I can't answer that. They did an upgrade about 6 weeks ago, replacing the existing line to the house but language barrier prevents me from knowing if they actually installed fiber optic. Immediate problems with network led to subsequent visits by the same contractor crew from Buriram with no positive results. Three times.

I grew very tired of no network, since it is my pleasure to sit on my patio with my iPad drinking my coffee in the morning, and respectfully asked my lovely wife to place yet another call to TOT. She didn't like this additional request, and subsequently reached BKK service center, who then sent a very good crew to us almost immediately, who re-wired re-worked re-this and re-that'd to the point where my internet is the best I have had here in the 10 years I've been trying.

Do I have fiber-optic? Don't know. Do I have damn good internet? Yup.

mario299

For clarity Nomad, I confirm that our connection is definitely fibre-optic. Working well with Spain v Czech Republic now.

Very happy to hear that both of you are now enjoying a good connection. I know how frustrating it can be asking 'the wife' to chivvy up your ISP when you know its not working like it should. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, they don't like to be seen as the complaining type. Earlier this year I had the same kinda problems with True Online, the system was working but not as I knew it could or should have been. Complaining to BKK didn't achieve anything either. In the end I decided to change my ISP. Now I am back with 3BB, my previous ISP before being tempted by True Online nearly 4 years ago, and very happy with their new fibre optic connection. The future is IPTV and the future should be now. Don't settle for less than a good connection

Sorry Matt, if you live in the boonies you will still have to suffer. But at least you have a nice pool to cool off in.

The prats called this morning but it was a Thai only, the wife had just gone out. I called the Bangkok number and luckily got the same operator that handles us yesterday she did remember us.:D I'll bet.;) I was very nice and told here about the Thai only call and gave her my wife cell number. I was very nice BUT direct,:rolleyes: FIXED THE f**kING THING OR ITS f**k OFF TOT. Bangkok did call my wife and said that problem was at the Prasat Exchange and that it would be fixed today and that their techs would be at our house this afternoon.:po_O I'll keep u posted.:mad:

The internet works the problem is with the iptv. Its still FCUK UP. TOT lies like dormant syphilis. Their phone number in Bangkok was always busy to day, I'll try again tomorrow. As long as the net is working I can get what I want on my MAC. I think the wife will be getting PSI real soon. My advice if you have any descent option for internet NEVER NEVER NEVER use TOT. Bunch of thieving lying asshole.

At 9:05 am I had a very nice talk with TOT Bangcock. The english speaking operator starts work then. Yes she did remember me and my wife details. The system Tot fiber has been up and down like a yo yo for the past 48 hours. I was very polite with no bad language.:rolleyes: I was factual and to the point. o_OFIX THE f**kING THING OR TAKE YOUR PRODUCT AND STICK IT UP UOUR ASS.:D
This will be my last contact with these assholes.:p

Back