Trouble at Mill

nomad97

Resident Geek
It is being reported that a couple of days ago 2 warring factions were fighting outside the Thong Tharin hotel. An innocent girl was passing by on her motorbike when she was caught by the explosion of a bomb. She was taken to the General Hospital. I can only guess that the trouble @Wombat is talking about is related to this incident.

I am also told that the whole matter is being hushed up. The Chinese are having a big street party in the roads around the railway station and the town does not want adverse publicity at this time.

It is being reported that a couple of days ago...

Reported by whom ?
Reported via what "source" ?
How exactly did you receive this 'information' ?
How are you / did you verify the 'information' that you are reporting here as "news" ?

My wife got the video sent to her by one of our village officials who does security at big events in the Tambon. He has a lot of contacts who sent him the video and the information. I do not doubt the authenticity of the video or information.

Reported by whom ?
Reported via what "source" ?
How exactly did you receive this 'information' ?
How are you / did you verify the 'information' that you are reporting here as "news" ?

Use your imagination. I am sure you have some super sleuth. Where do you think I get my local Thai news from? From SWMBO of course, as reported in Thai in the local Thai media. Treat it with a pinch of salt but two independent reports, @Wombat's and mine, does tend to suggest something has happened.

Closed ranks rule! A woman known to us is saying (on Line, apparently) that her adult daughter was injured by a bomb, but the time and location was withheld.... Nomad's version of events fits with this.

Please note: I'm not disputing this...but so far it is 'hearsay'.

Approximately two dozen officers of the Thai Army were enjoying themselves in Surin early last week and overnighted at the Thong Tharin.

(Possibly they were just enjoying themselves or possibly actually conducting an exercise for preparedness. Or possible someone else was "conducting an exercise". )

You know me @Coffee, when I post some news I usually include a reference to my source of information. When I do not quote a source, it is usually Thai local news and the information is unattributed to any source or individual. Treat it as hearsay if you wish.

I was told by my wife who was in the hospital with my daughter the past two nights that this was some sort of exercise for the police to keep them in shape for an emergency at the hospital. She spoke with a few nurses when she saw all the cops and that is what they told her.

Back