Two killed, one wounded in Prakhon Chai gangland attack

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Sad, very sad. RIP to the victims. We seem to be living in the Wild Wild West, or could be if this wasn't Thailand one hundred and fifty years later. Many of us know personally someone who has been shot or killed in some kind of tribal feud or gang warfare. Unfortunately, it seems to happen all to often, especially in the wilds of Isaan.

This follows a shooting in my village on Saturday night, during a private likhae concert being held for a 100day ritual following a death . 2 rival gangs allegedly decided to "go to war" in my village around 12pm in the soi near the likhae. My daughter was watching the likhae from the safety of the house where it was held. On departing and going to her motorbike, she was prevented from accessing it until a police big wig from Prakhonchai arrived, Her motorbike (and only hers) had 8 bullet holes. The back tyre was blown and the petrol tank holed. No arrests were made.

May well be the same gang as mentioned above.

6 months ago there was earlier gang warfare in my village..Lads from Prakhonchai descended on my village late one night and started attacking the local lads. One local lad jumped in his pick-up and rammed the PKC motorbikes. Result 1 dead and several injured. Big police enquiry which resulted in the "killer" paying 300,000baht (much no doubt to the police) No prison sentence! WTF!

Last edited:
Nick, you must be very concerned for the safety of your daughter. Why was her motor bike the only one singled out for target pratice? Just a random attack or something a little more sinister?

Nick, you must be very concerned for the safety of your daughter. Why was her motor bike the only one singled out for target pratice? Just a random attack or something a little more sinister?

From what I understand, the shoot out was in the vicinity of the parked motorbikes, and the bike was caught in the cross fire. Actually the wifes motorbike. Fortunately my daughter does not mix with any of those in gangs that roam the village late at night. She was at the likhae party with adult neighbours.

Back