Two more deaths suspected from dengue in Surin province

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Dengue warning re-issued as national death toll hits 65

By The Phuket News

The department of Disease Control dengue report released last week. Image: DDCMore than 50,000 people have contracted dengue already this year. Image: DDC

PHUKET:-- The Director-General of the Thai Ministry of Health’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has warned for people to take precautions against contracting dengue after two more deaths suspected from dengue in Surin province, while Phuket remains the leading province in the South for infections per capita.

Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai yesterday (Sept 2) pointed out that from Jan 1 to Aug 28 this year, 65 people have died from dengue, with 50,079 people across the country having been confirmed as contracting the mosquito-borne disease.

Worse, the number of infections nationwide this year is up 50.2% on last year, confirms a DDC report posted last week.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dengu...th-toll-hits-65-68496.php#Xz3IQhTFcJaVXsYU.97

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-9-3

I will speak out and say this. A few weeks back I heard the unmistakable roar of a mosquito fogging machine in the village, the first one in over a year or more.

upload_2018-9-3_19-40-0.png

Fearing the worst, I ushered both my dogs into the house to wait for the fogging operation to pass. I need not have bothered. The pickup drove past the house at 10 to 15 k.p.h. with the fogging machine roaring away in the back. The fogging mist was pointed straight down the road in the direction that the vehicle had come from. A few minutes later the pickup returned with the fogging mist still shooting out the back of the truck. One thing is for sure, there were very few mosquitoes left flying around in the middle of the road. However, the houses, drives and gardens on either side of the road got no mist at all. Other than paying lip service to some ministerial edict to go and spray the town one has to ask what value there was in doing this? From my point of view absolutely none. If a job is worth doing its worth doing well. The operation should have been done on foot with the operator directing the mist into the driveways, carports, bushes, trees and gardens of the residents. That way the authorities would have done something useful to prevent the escalating number of deaths from Dengue Fever.

Last edited:
A 3 year old neighbor little girl just spent a week in Kap Choeng hospital for dengue. She is now out and is ok. Our section of the amphur have been 4 time now through with the mega fogger and they come into and through the property all the way back into CRU.

That's the way it should be done.

When I lived in Bangkok the guys with the fogging guns never left a stoned unturned. They were really good at their jobs. You can only imagine how many nooks and crannies there are there.

Bye the way just for information if anybody needs to use the Thai for Dengue. (Kai Luet Ork ). literally, Fever that brings about bleeding.

I had dengue back in 2009, apparently a pretty mild case as it only required 3 days in the hospital for me. That being said, I hope no one else ever gets it again...ever! Worst headache, body aches and constant need for sleep imagineable. Definitely no fun, but at least they now do a very, very complete spraying in our village.

I too had it when I lived in Surin. As you say, it made all my bones ache and liked it to having very bad flu but without a cold. I think I stayed in bed for about a week. Not moving/eating or drinking very much.
Horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our village was done very completely within the past 2 months, can't remember exact date.

Everyday for a month or so there have been two fires of cow dung and straw burnt at CRU. Something like the photo.;;bad simle;;

img_0592.jpg

In prime Mozzie season my FIL lights a bucket of dung and fits an yellow globe in the kwai stall. I understand the smoking dung but the yellow light would do fork all. Mozzies are attracted by Infra red and carbon dioxide, so the dung would mask the CO2 of the kwai. But the lamp ? Now here is the conundrum some mozzies are light phobic where some love it. The light just may attract them to the food source. Probably better just to burn the dung.

In prime Mozzie season my FIL lights a bucket of dung and fits an yellow globe in the kwai stall. I understand the smoking dung but the yellow light would do fork all. Mozzies are attracted by Infra red and carbon dioxide, so the dung would mask the CO2 of the kwai. But the lamp ? Now here is the conundrum some mozzies are light phobic where some love it. The light just may attract them to the food source. Probably better just to burn the dung.
I know nothing about this preventative stuff but always thought yellow light was used NOT to attract mozzies ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back