Two Prasat children run over by truck on their way to earn some pocket money

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Two Surin children run over by truck on their way to earn some pocket money

Graphic Video

4pm.jpg

Image: Manager

PRASAT: -- Two Surin boys were run over by a 18 wheel truck yesterday after their motorcycle overturned on a road where a pipe is being laid.

The friends - aged just 12 and 11 - were going to sell a fighting cock they had reared to get some pocket money in the school holidays.

They were going along the Ban Cheua Plerng to Ta Pang road in Prasat district of the north eastern Thai province, reported Manager.

The rider of the motorcycle, with sidecar attachment, lost control on a bend in the road. The road has a split level as a water pipe is being laid there.

The boys were thrown from their Suzuki Smash 110 bike directly into the path of a truck.

Theeradon Trongsoondee, 12, and Phansakorn Singtho, 11, were run over suffering multiple injuries and were pronounced dead at the scene.

Truck driver Jakrapong Kunrat, 31, said he had no chance of avoiding them though he tried to brake. He said in a state of shock that he was so sorry for the children.

Relatives arrived and told police that the boys raised farmyard chickens and fighting cocks to make some extra money.

They had put a fighting cock into a fertilizer sack and were on their way to sell it to a customer when the accident happened.

Source: Manager

No mention of the Driver of the Bike's Name !!...Or was it the 11 year old or the 12 year old ????

Also the Department of Land Transport will not register motorbikes fitted with sidecars or any attachments if the sidecar and/or attachments are not made by the original manufacturer or do not pass Department of Land Transport safety standards!!

More lives lost in Thailand due to people not following the law :(

How incredibly sad, two young lives cut short. It makes me angry that Mr 44 can bring in new laws and existing ones are not policed or even considered. Motorcycles are dangerous devices in the hands of those that have no idea of that danger. I saw a 10 year old driving a tractor down the main road in Sikhorapum today. What kind of lethal weapon is that?. What kind of person allows a 10 year old to drive a tractor of all things? Mind you he was driving it quite well. But what responsibility under the law does he hold if he kills a group of people.

I did notice that the headline made no mention of the five or six laws that were being broken by the children on the motorbike. One would have to assume that they were not wearing helmets.

You clearly must be connected to Prachonchai with that assumption. :rolleyes:

(I'd assume the boy didn't have a valid license either.)

No mention of the Driver of the Bike's Name !!...Or was it the 11 year old or the 12 year old ????

I read it as there were only two people on the motorbike/sidecar - the two children. Reading it again it still isn't clear to me how many were on the bike.

It seemed to me that the rider had lost control where the road surface was affected by the laying of a new pipe, and that the bike had veered into the path of the oncoming lorry which appeared to be on its own side of the road. The article did read vaguely at one point as though the bike/sidecar was being driven by someone other than the two kids, but reading further made it pretty obvious that it was one of the boys who was driving it. No helmets, underage, and no licence obviously because of that. No formal tuition likely either - possibly dad showed him the controls and he just got on with it.

A year or so ago, you might remember that an underage kid at a Surin school was led out of his house to be given a brand new motorcy by his dad for his birthday. No helmet. The boy climbed on and rode it off the driveway, straight under another vehicle which killed him. Tragic...

And this situation is going to happen time and time again for a very long time.

I don't need ....... (fill in the blanks) as Buddha will save me!
How many times have you seen a scooter enter a major road without looking for oncoming traffic. It's tragic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad.
What happened to the chicken?
Sorry my sick sense of humour again.

No worries Adam as that is what the majority of wise guys on here had been thinking, myself included. :rolleyes:

You just had the balls to write it after viewing the pictures of death. :cool:

Now coming off as being so compassionate a person that you are when someone takes a swipe at AVFC has somewhat diminished , at least in my eyes. :flushed:

It seemed to me that the rider had lost control where the road surface was affected by the laying of a new pipe, and that the bike had veered into the path of the oncoming lorry which appeared to be on its own side of the road. The article did read vaguely at one point...

Merlin, are you directly stating that the vehicles were traveling in opposite directions...meaning the lorry did not come from behind the scooter-sidecar? (ie: striking it head-on.)

Is that what the article states ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Merlin, are you directly stating that the vehicles were traveling in opposite directions...meaning the lorry did not come from behind the scooter-sidecar?

Is that what the article states ?

I read the article in Thai and English and they both say the same thing. The boys took the corner too fast on the loose gravel rolled it into the on coming path of the 18 wheeler. Both articles failed to address the chicken in the room issue.

Back