Two Prasat children run over by truck on their way to earn some pocket money

I read the article in Thai and English and they both say the same thing. The boys took the corner too fast on the loose gravel rolled it into the on coming path of the 18 wheeler. Both articles failed to address the chicken in the room issue.

Thank you. So basically the 10-year-old lost control and entered the same road that the truck was traveling on thankfully at a low rate of speed (which didn't help in this particular instance).

Curious, did the article state if the out-of-control scooter came onto the arterial from the truck's left or right side ?

RIP to the two very young friends who are now in heaven together. Must be very sad for their parents and relatives in advance of Chakri and Songkraan holidays. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. So basically the 10-year-old lost control and entered the same road that the truck was traveling on thankfully at a low rate of speed (which didn't help in this particular instance).

Curious, did the article state if the out-of-control scooter came onto the arterial from the truck's left or right side ?

RIP to the two very young friends who are now in heaven together. Must be very sad for their parents and relatives in advance of Chakri and Songkraan holidays. :(
If you read the news article is says the 2 boys hit a split level as a water pipe is being laid there on the road. They lost control of the bike and sadly for them there just happened to be a 18 wheel truck coming the other way and they were thrown from their Suzuki Smash 110 bike directly into the path of a truck.
As you can see from the screen shot from the You Tube the Truck has damage that corresponds to the story !!

Capture_205.png

Last edited:
The kids were 10/11 years old - in junior school.. No way should they have been driving a motorbike (with or without sidecar) Totally irresponsible parents - or possibly guardians if parents were working away.

And today (and yesterday for just 1 day) people sitting in the back of pick-ups and having seat belts on in the back seats of cars and minivans is/was deemed more important than anyone doing anything about underage kids (thousands of the buggers) driving motorbikes. Never mind whether they have hats on or not! After Songkran, we will once again have an analysis of the accidents and expect to see that 80% of accidents once again involve motorbikes. Where are the priorities?

Totally mindless government and inept police force.

The kids were 10/11 years old - in junior school.. No way should they have been driving a motorbike (with or without sidecar) Totally irresponsible parents - or possibly guardians if parents were working away.

And today (and yesterday for just 1 day) people sitting in the back of pick-ups and having seat belts on in the back seats of cars and minivans is/was deemed more important than anyone doing anything about underage kids (thousands of the buggers) driving motorbikes. Never mind whether they have hats on or not! After Songkran, we will once again have an analysis of the accidents and expect to see that 80% of accidents once again involve motorbikes. Where are the priorities?

Folks in the back of pick-ups do not cause accidents and neither do folks not wearing seatbelts in the rear. Yes, they add to the death toll but shouldn't the focus, initially at least, be upon the 20,000 people who are killed on motorbikes every year?

Last edited:
Where are the priorities?

Totally agree.
They offered you Permanent Residency, did they not ? :D:p

Now once again boyz :
"The reason I moved from my country to Thailand was...":kissing:
"The reason I married/ partnered with a Thai was...":kissingcat:
"The reason I knowingly procreated in Thai was..":mask:

Seriously as Feret would say - "f**k me swinging." :confused:

When I was a serving officer in the Royal Air Force we had a monthly, formal dinning-in night. Dressed to the nine's we would assemble in the bar 30 minutes before dinner, consume copious quantities of ale or sherry, sit down for a 5 or 6 course meal, with lots of wine of course, followed by port or Madeira after the meal. If you were unable to control your bladder and you needed a pee during the dinner you would be 'bar fined'. The standard charge was a complete round for all officers present. Given that there could be upwards of 100 officers present this was not an option. Later we would return to the bar for yet more ale or spirits. It would seem everything would be fine for the evening. Alas, 3 things were forever barred from the conversation during such dinners: sex, politics and religion. There was a good reason for this, these three subjects, and these three subjects alone, are so divisive. Go figure.

Last edited:
Back