UK New Tax Calculation

nomad97

Resident Geek
Has anyone received notification from HMRC concerning their new tax calculation? This is the first year I have been informed by email today. I cannot remember when I ticked the appropriate box at HMRC. I think this is a good way to do business and saves possible delays of over a month by the usual postal system.

1623639287378.png

P.S. Yes, I do have a Government Gateway password and ID. Funnily enough, only yesterday I thought about checking my tax code for 20201/2022 and this arrives today. Handy.

I fall under self-assessment and have had aa Government Gateway password since inception............................ they never fail to remind me that I have to submit a tax return - and pay tax !!

Ha! Ha! Ha! I got a nice surprise again today, I am definitely on a roll (and the lottery is tomorrow). I have been told I have a nice little tax refund, the second year in a row. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the online refund system and no advice given on how to obtain the refund. I will have to contact them via email I suppose. I did give them two accounts to choose from.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I got a nice surprise again today, I am definitely on a roll (and the lottery is tomorrow). I have been told I have a nice little tax refund, the second year in a row. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the online refund system and no advice given on how to obtain the refund. I will have to contact them via email I suppose. I did give them two accounts to choose from.

Use one of my accounts if a UK bank is needed........................ :cool: ;)

Unless there is a special holiday I have overlooked, I think you will find the lottery is on Wednesday 16th June

Shouldn't this have been notified in April?
No idea. Then again, perhaps Covid-19 and social distancing (work from home) have created a backlog with the refunds. I am definitely not complaining, a refund is a refund and like winning the lottery.

Unless there is a special holiday I have overlooked, I think you will find the lottery is on Wednesday 16th June
I really only buy lottery tickets once in a Blue Moon. I did buy some a couple of days ago, the first this year. I know there are 2 lotteries each month but what days they are drawn is a mystery to me.

P.S. I haven't told SWMBO either, ssssssssssssshhhhh.

No idea. Then again, perhaps Covid-19 and social distancing (work from home) have created a backlog with the refunds. I am definitely not complaining, a refund is a refund and like winning the lottery.

I don't pay sufficient tax for any refund to be like winning the lottery. Although I've never won a lottery.

I got a P60 this week.
The last time i received a HMRC letter 8 years ago that was to infom me that they owe me about 80 quid. I too, couldn't find how to get a refund. Have moved 8 or 9 times since but recently informed them of my 'latest' address

I got a P60 this week.
The last time i received a HMRC letter 8 years ago that was to infom me that they owe me about 80 quid. I too, couldn't find how to get a refund. Have moved 8 or 9 times since but recently informed them of my 'latest' address

Your post reminded me that I haven't had a P60 yet this year. As @nomad97 says, perhaps Covid-19 is delaying things.

Despite being 21 years into the 21st century, HMRC regrettably only pay refunds by cheque. When this is eventually received, via snail mail in Thailand, Nomad will have to present it to his Thai bank, and it will take up to 6 weeks before the money appears on his account, converted to Thai baht on the day it is credited. Maybe the exchange rate will be 50 by then! :)

Despite being 21 years into the 21st century, HMRC regrettably only pay refunds by cheque. When this is eventually received, via snail mail in Thailand, Nomad will have to present it to his Thai bank, and it will take up to 6 weeks before the money appears on his account, converted to Thai baht on the day it is credited. Maybe the exchange rate will be 50 by then! :)
It would be easier to post it to your (uk) bank to pay it in.

Back