UK New Tax Calculation

Just to close off the refund from the UK Taxman, the refund was in my sister's UK account yesterday. Claim submitted Monday afternoon, and a refund provided 4 days later on the Thursday. Not too shabby :)

What's this? Fourth year in a row, another nice little tax refund. However, this year they have a new Beta system for paying the refund online. Unfortuntely, the system hung and did not pay the refund. I filled in a form to explain the problem and I have been told I will receive a reply within 2 working days.

I did read the instructions and HMRC do make BACS payments. All they needed was a 6 digit bank sort code and a 9 digit account number. Wise accepts BACS payments and have both the bank sort code and account number. The only other infoprmation requested was does the bank hold a UK address or otherwise? I answered otherwise. I then pressed the 'Refund Claim' button and nothing happened.

Wait and see.

Why do I get a refund every year? I have written to HMRC previously to explain a flaw in their system. I don't think they process correctly one of my three pensions. One of my pensions is paid 'No Tax', that is, I do not pay any tax on that pension. This is correctly recorded on the appropriate page. However, in their calculation of the tax that I should pay this pension is included in my overall income. Hence, I pay too much tax during the year and, therefore, I am due a refund. And a welcome bonus that is too. :) :) :)

I'm still waiting for a reply to my registered letter received by them on 31st Jan. Estimated reply time is indicated as 'sometime in October' (this year, I hope!)

What's this? Fourth year in a row, another nice little tax refund. However, this year they have a new Beta system for paying the refund online. Unfortuntely, the system hung and did not pay the refund. I filled in a form to explain the problem and I have been told I will receive a reply within 2 working days.

I did read the instructions and HMRC do make BACS payments. All they needed was a 6 digit bank sort code and a 9 digit account number. Wise accepts BACS payments and have both the bank sort code and account number. The only other infoprmation requested was does the bank hold a UK address or otherwise? I answered otherwise. I then pressed the 'Refund Claim' button and nothing happened.

Wait and see.
After a totally useless and erroneous reply from the Help Desk, I decided I was wasting my time trying to post money to someone with an overseas address. I decided to pay my sister instead. She has the necessary account with a UK address. Transaction is successful. Money should be paid within 5 working days.

Back