UK PENSION SERVICE............ UPDATE

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
Here is the up to date information regarding Pensions and Bereavement Benefits

PENSIONS

UK citizens continue to receive state pensions from normal retirement date (65-68) but if resident in Thailand, the pension is frozen from the day of 1st receipt. If a holiday is taken back in the UK (or Europe or other qualifying countries) you may claim the increased (non frozen) pension for the duration of your trip

Wives are no longer eligible to receive a state pension unless thay have made a minimum of 10 National Insurance contributions in their name. It is no longer possible to use the husbands NI record.

BEREAVEMENT BENEFITS

These ceased to be claimable for new deaths from 6th April 2017. Benefits currently in payment will continue. If a wife (Thai or otherwise) is resident in the UK at the time of death then she may claim benefits

Last edited:
If your stay in the UK exceeds 6 months then you retain the increased pension which once again becomes frozen but at the higher rate

I shall need a MASSIVE increase in my pension in order to stay in the UK for 6 months!

And there to live to the standard to which I have become accustomed.

IMG_0010.JPG As we off topic here is a selection of my shopping today.....

Rioja less than 50 Baht a bottle. Prosecco 300 Baht.

Local bar, Amstel bottled beer (at least Archa quality) 38 Baht.

Carry on drinking like that CO-CO, and your Missus will clearly regret the ending of Bereavement Benefits :cry:. Nicely back on topic.

I shall need a MASSIVE increase in my pension in order to stay in the UK for 6 months!

And there to live to the standard to which I have become accustomed.

Can get a cheap house in Harrogate... not!

Back