UK Pensions

nomad97

Resident Geek
Of no f***ing interest to me, and hundreds of thousands others. We live as ex-pats and our state pensions are frozen and never increase with time. Not unless you are an ex-pat living in a few select countries, and Thailand isn't one of them. :mad::mad::mad:

EnglishAlan

Merlin-That list doesn t include all the EuroUnion countries,pre Brexit,After the vote June 16,Dave C said there wouldn t be any change. I was under the impression that since
Boris took us out,that the pensioners living in EuroLand were still getting the inflation increases.

nomad97

Resident Geek
Merlin-That list doesn t include all the EuroUnion countries,pre Brexit,After the vote June 16,Dave C said there wouldn t be any change. I was under the impression that since
Boris took us out,that the pensioners living in EuroLand were still getting the inflation increases.

Your UK State Pension will be increased each year in these countries in line with the rate paid in the UK.

Merlin

Surin Founding Father

That's quite correct, at least for now:

UK State Pension​

You can carry on receiving your UK State Pension if you move to live in the EU, EEA or Switzerland and you can still claim your UK State Pension from these countries.

Your UK State Pension will be increased each year in these countries in line with the rate paid in the UK.

( https://www.gov.uk/guidance/benefits-and-pensions-for-uk-nationals-in-the-eea-or-switzerland )

As a caution however, the Government's rules are a tad vague about what might happen if a country currently in the EU should subsequently leave the EU (similarly, one currently in the EEA but not in the EU leaving the EEA) They don't specify that you could claim your State Pension if those countries left too.