Visit from police

isanbirder

Surin Dinosaur
Like Lindsay Oz (on another thread), I received a visit from my local police (Krasang) this morning.

The man had a form to fill in, which asked for details of my passport, "spouse", the names of my father and mother (both dead these 30-odd years), and criminal record (well, I had to be honest, didn't I?). There was nothing about my visa or TM-47.

Like Lindsay's visitor, he was interested to know what friends I had in the neighbourhood... and of course, wanted to photograph Nung and me together (like newlyweds).

He told Nung that it was something to do with the AEC (ASEAN), but I didn't really understand what!

Anyway, there seem to be two separate sorts of visitations, immigration and the local police (who, of course, do not share information?).

Curious IB , what colour shirt were you wearing for the Police picture ?

Certainly seems that all Farangs are being checked on. Interestingly, they are asking you what other farangs you know who live in the area. If I didn't have a current visa, didn't do 90-days reports and lived under the radar for the past few years I think I would start getting a little worried. The net is tightening, very slowly but very surely.

Certainly seems that all Farangs are being checked on. Interestingly, they are asking you what other farangs you know who live in the area. If I didn't have a current visa, didn't do 90-days reports and lived under the radar for the past few years I think I would start getting a little worried. The net is tightening, very slowly but very surely.

I can assure you that "I know nothing and no-one!" My only contact with the outside world is the beer delivery man!

Funnily enough, I had a visit from 2 midgets from Immigration today along with another carrying a gun as big as himself. They wanted me to fill in the papers as well. I told them that I have no need to, they see that I'm married, live in the house that I own under court orders and because I fall under the Dept of Foreign Affairs and not Police. I will report my address every 90 days as I enter Thailand.
They agreed and I also told them that many expats are considering their options. They told me it was only while this excuse of a govt is in power.

I understand that 90-day address reporting is a police requirement, rather than an immigration requirement.

I understand that 90-day address reporting is a police requirement, rather than an immigration requirement.

Got Lost will no doubt correct me but I thought that all immigration 'rules' stemmed from Police Orders.

They ask the question on the TM card on entry, Bill. If they don't want to use that info, it's up to them. I believe the hooligans at the border are Police, as it's stuck all over their uniform. The 2 guys today agreed..but I feel it's a shake down to catch the owner of the premises and the farang that hasn't reported their address.

They ask the question on the TM card on entry, Bill. If they don't want to use that info, it's up to them. I believe the hooligans at the border are Police, as it's stuck all over their uniform. The 2 guys today agreed..but I feel it's a shake down to catch the owner of the premises and the farang that hasn't reported their address.

In the case of your owning the premises, would they try to fine you twice - once as the owner and once as the farang?

I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that basically they are all the same, except that IO have degrees.

I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that basically they are all the same, except that IO have degrees.

Maybe...some of the walruses on the highways, trying to extort would have a very low degree of intelligence, Yorky!

I thought police had bigger stomachs and wore tighter uniforms.

Maybe...some of the walruses on the highways, trying to extort would have a very low degree of intelligence, Yorky!

From that statement am I supposed to believe that having a Thai degree has some indication of intelligence?

Back