Wanted shophouse / shop to lease Surin

rob.doc

Surin Legend
hi all,

does anyone know of a shophouse for rent in town ?

anywhere in or near the centre of Surin considered, any condition new or old also.

any advice on agencies etc. as always greatly received.

cheers guysThanks3

cheers guys
but i tried both those and nothing there
maybe Thai knows of something not yet listed ?

//flag

cheers guys
but i tried both those and nothing there
maybe Thai knows of something not yet listed ?

//flag

Thats normal for these parts. You need to be on the ground with your better half and it takes leg work.

sure

the wife wants to open a Salon, hence the unit in Surin
i would like to open a bar/cafe in Lamduan, if only i had the time
working offshore doesn't really fit in with that.

any suggestions or comments on those plans i would be interested to hear

cheers guys

Thats normal for these parts. You need to be on the ground with your better half and it takes leg work.

Better still, don't go with her and be seen.

Suggestions

1) Go where they NEED a salon otherwise you will be spending good money and earning none. Been there done that, I am sorry to say.
2) Why Lamduan? How many others have failed there, I can think of 4.
3) Ever thought of a bar in Surin and a Salon in Lamduan? Just a thought?

I am sorry to sound negative but seen a lot since living here.

GOOD LUCK

the wife is doing the looking around presently while i am working

she knows where she wants to be, so i will let her get on with that.

i didn't know there had been a bar or similar in Lamduan before .
thats where we live at the moment and i have seen more and more farangs around since the Tesco and 7/11 opened.

Ray,s good lady already has a salon in Lamduan and there is at least 1 other i know of so perhaps too many already there presently.

a bar in Surin would be an idea, as most of the "beer joints" are geared for food, a good old pub with a bar and maybe a pie warmer for the peckish ?
would that go well in Surin do you think ?

thanks for the comments, they weren't negative at all i thought, and most welcome
Think1

thats where we live at the moment and i have seen more and more farangs around since the Tesco and 7/11 opened.

Ray,s good lady already has a salon in Lamduan and there is at least 1 other i know of so perhaps too many already there presently.

a bar in Surin would be an idea, as most of the "beer joints" are geared for food, a good old pub with a bar and maybe a pie warmer for the peckish ?

thanks for the comments, they weren't negative at all i thought, and most welcome
Think1

Can't say I've ever known there to have been a Bar/Restaurant part run by a Farang in Lam Duan either, but I could be wrong. I think Ivor might be on about Salons...

i have never heard tale of a farang bar in the area either.

however as always any comments or suggestions on the subject most welcome

No bars in Lamduan in the last 3 and a half years iv'e been living there , there are loads of salons, but not many customers to go around ,you have to build up a salon business for at least 2 years before you can get an established clientele.

I would look at the shops behind Surin PLaza nice location for a Salon with a good constant flow of people already at Plaza.:eek:

cheers Ray

i have heard of a shop for rent beside the 7/11
you know of it ?

whats your thoughts for a bar ?
Lamduan or Surin ?

Chokdee5

cheers Ray

i have heard of a shop for rent beside the 7/11
you know of it ?

whats your thoughts for a bar ?
Lamduan or Surin ?

Chokdee5

Yes i know the shop rob, it's owned by the cor lamduan restaurant guy, the one who has biult the new shophouses along the main road , i think you have two already you told me. A bar in Lamduan is a waste of time if your looking for a farang customer base, you will only get thais drinking in it, i would forget that idea mate and think of something else like a Burger/Pizza with a couple of delivery guys on motorbikes Joint, that would work.

Yes i know the shop rob, it's owned by the cor lamduan restaurant guy, the one who has biult the new shophouses along the main road , i think you have two already you told me. A bar in Lamduan is a waste of time if your looking for a farang customer base, you will only get thais drinking in it, i would forget that idea mate and think of something else like a Burger/Pizza with a couple of delivery guys on motorbikes Joint, that would work.

That's a great idea Sangas..if it's a hit with the locals, you can put the word around that they're made of horse meat and then start up a similar joint using REAL meat.

i will tell you about the new shops when i get home Ray !!

the missus is looking for somewhere in town and i may do also,
big problem for me is finding people to run and look after it when i am working !

Still if i can get her set up first i can worry about the rest later.
Just need find somewhere for her to start !!!!

she knows it will take a while to get established , so a place somewhere central with a long lease, is what we are searching forHair_Out1

sure

the wife wants to open a Salon, hence the unit in Surin
i would like to open a bar/cafe in Lamduan, if only i had the time
working offshore doesn't really fit in with that.

any suggestions or comments on those plans i would be interested to hear

cheers guys

Salon although there are tons in town if its good it could work ,sometimes all the good ones are busy !
Bar in Lamduan if farang waist of time ,if Thai it might work !

without the jokes please guys : whats the difference between a thai and farang bar ?

could a farang even open a thai bar ?

surely if a farang opens a bar no matter the decor it is going to be seen as farang ?

Lost1

Think1

I think he meant in Sangkha mate ,same shit different town ,once there was a guy who did a internet Cafe in Sangkha (full of kids hassle off the cops for skiving off school)and a pizza and Thai food open air restaurant ,his pizza was very good but same again not enough punters to keep it going ! The Thai food earn,t a small wage for his wife !
Why not open a Pizza restaurant in Surin center ,we could do with a good one !:tongue: Real Pizza mind Rob :wink:

Back