Wanted shophouse / shop to lease Surin

I disagree somewhat. What you are failing to take into account is the amount of time and work it is to do a woman's hair. It is one reason for the higher pricing. It is time consuming. Whereas men's hair cuts and grooming services usually take far less time and more customers can be done in that time, which increases the amount made due to volume/turn over. A woman can take 3 hours or more in the salon. A man, usually less than an hour. Thereby, unless you have a HUGE shop to stash these women waiting while this is done, that dried, the dye job sets, or that is done so you can work on others, this limits your amount of customers that can be helped. I've seen waiting lines in the salons that take hours to clear/catch up, many end up leaving to try somewhere else or come back another day. Also I stated that the shop I proposed would be directed at farang and more affluent Thai men (of which there are many in Surin). Hence, higher prices and not the usual Thai price of 60 baht a cut. We are talking 'premium' styling and haircuts and service. 300, 400, 500 baht. High end, not the usual. See what I am saying? Exclusive 'executive' service of a higher caliber than the usual. And advertised that way for the snob appeal. :)

Mike

Mike it don't work that way, thai men won't pay hi price for a trim because that's all it is , thai ladies on the other hand will pay for there lovely long hair to be styled because they all want to be models , it does take longer but the price reflects on the end result.

That's why Ladies are called hair salons , and mens are caled barbers shops.

i have been involved in this business, for more than 30 years in one way or another with my late wife , and with my TGF, who has learnt the hair trade since she was 14 with her grandpa , and with her aunt sow in nong yow.

I dont think so...

brucewillisbaldhead.jpg

ugly%2520old%2520man.bmp

when i was back in Scotland
the little town i lived in had just such a barbers open up.

there where 3 40something guys cutting hair but in a traditional shop setting.
with the shampoo, towel dry, haircut, traditional open razor shave and hot towel treatment, the only service on offer at a flat rate of £20.

they done well and i believe still there.
they got the older gent and the younger guys wanting pampered.
not the usual UK barber wet spray and cut job

so there is a case for a good quality barber in Surin i believe

A couple of years ago (maybe a bit less) there was a younger stylish Thai man, trained in the US I believe it was said (New York? Sassoon?), as a hair stylist. A few of the farangs (WestofHere for one) were using him to get their hair done. He did a great job of it and never a crappy haircut was seen on those I knew who went to him. I do believe (correct me if I am wrong WestofHere or others, my memory lags at times these days) he was charging 300 baht a 'styling' session. He later closed as I was told he had some sort of substance abuse issue, or some other personal problem. But he was getting a premium price for a premium haircut from those discriminating gents who knew the difference and were willing to spend their money thus. So, I submit that there are those willing, even here in sleepy old Surin, to spend more (more than 4 times the going rate) to not end up always looking like Somchai the Buffalo Boy. (And not all his customers were farangs.) Just passing along my experience/info on this subject to the best of my, faulty at times, memory.

Mike

Last edited:
Karakara,

I would be interested in knowing the cost of the new apartments they are building across the road down there. And 'apartments' not condos, yes? If you ever get the info and pics on that building/apartments when finished I would love to see that here.

Mike

Karakara,

I would be interested in knowing the cost of the new apartments they are building across the road down there. And 'apartments' not condos, yes? If you ever get the info and pics on that building/apartments when finished I would love to see that here.

Mike

This should be ready in June/July this year. It is serviced apartment, monthly rents start from 4500 THB, nightly rates dont know yet. 150 rooms together.

Back