Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

There are major planes and upgrades for Huai Saneng.

เมื่อผู้รับผิดชอบเริ่มทำงานปัญหาน่าจะคลี่คลายไปในทิศทางที่ดี เราก็มาร่วมเสนอการแก้ปัญหาระยะยาว กันแบบเพจท้ายห้วย เสนอดีครับผมชอบ เรามาร่วมกันเสนอครับ

See Translation

+15

Home
Send Message
ท้ายห้วยสุรินทร์
26 mins ·
"พื้นที่อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนง"
เหมาะที่จะทำอะไรได้หลายอย่างมาก
ไม่ใช่แค่อ่างเก็บน้ำตื้นๆ น้ำก็ขุ่น

ผลประโยชน์จากการขุดลอก (ถ้าได้ขุด)

...See More
I like their idea and it would be great to see it happening. The reservoir is far to shallow as it stands with some 2/3 rds very shallow indeed. That's a lot of excavation if they want to increase the depth by 3 metres although that is probably what is needed to solve the short to long term water shortages. It would be interesting to learn when the reservoir was first constructed and what the population of Surin was at that time. The reservoir was in it's present form 15 years ago when I first came to Surin. Since then, there has been a lot of new residential estates with hundreds/thousands of new houses built and new shopping centers too. All require more and more water supplies although, to the best of my knowledge, the reservoir has not changed nor increased its capacity. Now is time to get something done while the Government is feeling generous and has a few billion baht to splash!

This is about 10 km pass the Choeng Chom Market. That glory hole I have seen the level of the reservoir empty into it.

This is about 5 km pass the Chong Chom Market.

เขตรักษาพันธุ์สัตว์ป่าห้วยทับทัน-ห้วยสำราญ
54 mins·
สิงหาคม ๒๕๖๒ ปริมาณน้ำอ่างเก็บน้ำในพื้นที่
1.อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเชิง ต.ด่าน อ.กาบเชิง ปริมาณน้ำยังแห้ง เหมือนเดิม ระดับสเกลที่ 4

See Translation

Yeah, they came by about 1 hour ago and pushed a stick into the ground.

A couple of representatives came just prior to lunch today on a motorbike. I assume it was to check that the stick hadn't moved. After informing my wife that they needed a bottle of lao khow and some coke to praise the Gods prior to drilling they left for lunch and have not come back. Fred Khmer's circus.

A couple of representatives came just prior to lunch today on a motorbike. I assume it was to check that the stick hadn't moved. After informing my wife that they needed a bottle of lao khow and some coke to praise the Gods prior to drilling they left for lunch and have not come back. Fred Khmer's circus.

As you are very well aware, Yorky.....................THIS IS THAIIAND. ......:D

Maybe tomorrow! And do not forget the candles, incense sticks and cigars to appease the spirits.

Lighting-Incense-Sticks-from-Big-Yellow-Candles.jpg

Maybe tomorrow! And do not forget the candles, incense sticks and cigars to appease the spirits.

We have candles and incense sticks. Buggered if I am going to buy cigars for them!

Anyway, my wife is very close to cancelling the drill and going elsewhere. As we do not know this devil this couldn't be a bad idea.

We have the pump (Hitachi), all the pipework and the heavy duty electric cable already.

BTW, @nomad97, I recollected your experiences in respect of the 4 metre lengths of taps on the truck and warned my missis as she drove in the gate.

Last edited:

ข่าว วันนี้ที่สุรินทร์
7 mins·
ภาพมุมสูง บริเวณบ่อเหมืองหิน เชิงเขาสวาย ที่สูบน้ำส่งไปสู่อ่างห้วยเสนง และสภาพน้ำที่อ่างห้วยเสนง วันนี้เพิ่มขึ้นแล้ว

A High-Angle Picture of the quarry, foothills, foothills, which pumping water to the huai charming basin and the water condition at the huai charming basin. Today is increasing.
·
Rate this translation

+3

We had similar false starts. My wife called a couple of guys who rang back and promised they would be around the next day but never came. I thought we may be getting gazumped by queue jumpers who offered more to move up the queue. I think it was the third guy my wife contacted, arranged through her cousin, that came good. I think it was nearly a week between the first telephone calls and getting the drilling team on site. SWMBO was getting more and more frustrated and agitated with each passing day.

The team that did our well is booked by three other neighbours. I think they are due back on Saturday to start the first of these. @Jeppe's wife did better than us, she contacted a guy and he came the next day. If at first you do not succeed, try, try and try again.

If at first you do not succeed, try, try and try again.

I'm not unduly concerned as we now have everything in place except (apparently) the drillers and clean water is still available for delivery (at a cost).

Just for information, I believe Thai Watsadu are now out of deep well pumps as are HomePro and Global House. However, if you are willing to pay an extra Bht 3,000.00, the Chinese guy south of the small railway crossing has plenty.

I have just checked the town's water supply. There is a trickle of clear water coming through the tap. About the same trickle as a good pee. Whether or not the flow was stronger earlier I do not know. However, the head of water is insufficient to fill my original water tank although my pump may draw it through. Someone, somewhere may be doing something at last.

This water is free one time only.20190815_104119.jpgA big thank you with gratuity and they'll come back to check on you every three days.
Best to allow a Thai person handle this discussion so ones "Thailand is a Shytehole" attitude doesn't interfere with the flow of any future service.
Of course one can always sink their own bore or wait in a queue to obtain water for free at a site(s) around town.

Yes, we're well into a drought so if you can afford one or two beers at the pub it'd be best to fill ones 1000L tank.
Always up to you.

PS: If you're the spouse of a Government employee no worries...let them take care of making the call.

This water is free one time only.View attachment 29908A big thank you with gratuity and they'll come back to check on you every three days.
Best to allow a Thai person handle this discussion so ones "Thailand is a Shytehole" attitude doesn't interfere with the flow of any future service.
Of course one can always sink their own bore or wait in a queue to obtain water for free at a site(s) around town.

Yes, we're well into a drought so if you can afford one or two beers at the pub it'd be best to fill ones 1000L tank.
Always up to you.

PS: If you're the spouse of a Government employee no worries...let them take care of making the call.[/QUOTE]

The red water trucks came down our soi about 7 days ago and only delivered to people working in government paid jobs. They have not been down our soi since and even government employees are without water. However, I do believe a trickle of water is coming through the pipes at some time of the day. At what precise time is a bit of a mystery. So, please leave your taps wide open until you see the puddles and flooding in the road to make sure you get some.

;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

SITREP. 09.00 and we have a water shortage to support drilling operations. The man said do we have water? My wife said yes, we had over 1,000 litres in the tank. Have now emptied the tank and 12 dustbin loads from the other borehole. Going back for another 4 and 2,000 litres ordered on the phone. Drilling a borehole is a very water intensive operation. Now down at 12 metres and judging by the water we are using we are filling the water table somewhere. I wish the man had given an indication yesterday how much water he needed.

Are you sure they didn't set up a stall on the road selling it? Our drillers (who finally made it today) went through about 600 litres. Prior to commencing drilling they dug a trench from the drill position to a hole about 1.5 metres away. The surplus water ran down the trench to the hole wherein a bucket was placed to permit the drill pump to recirculate the water.

recirculation 1 s.jpg

สุรินทร์ช่วงนี้ก็จะคึกคักไปด้วยเครื่องจักรกลหนัก เครื่องเจาะบาดาล รถถัง รถน้ำ แบ็คโฮ รถขนดิน ฯลฯ
ขอบคุณทุกพลังขับเคลื่อนเพื่อสุรินทร์ของเรา

#ภัยแล้งสุรินทร์ #จังหวัดสุรินทร์

In is going to be bustling by the machine. Heavy Machine, tank, tank, car, water, back, soil, soil, etc.
Thank you for all the power driven for our in.

·
Rate this translation

+5

Are you sure they didn't set up a stall on the road selling it? Our drillers (who finally made it today) went through about 600 litres. Prior to commencing drilling they dug a trench from the drill position to a hole about 1.5 metres away. The surplus water ran down the trench to the hole wherein a bucket was placed to permit the drill pump to recirculate the water.

View attachment 29910
We had a similar arrangement in place. Maybe its something to do with the type of soil/rock they have to drill through, or the drilling equipment. I did ask during the drilling process, "are we recharging the actifier with all the water you are using?" I think my question fell on deaf ears.

Just a random (not off-topic) thought.
I wonder if all these new wells in a concentrated area, will do anything to the ‘integrity’ of the ground soil? I’m thinking about property subsidence and the like???

My current bore is adjacent to where I believe the original bore is located. To the dismay of the drillers it is c. 30 metres distance from the rear of the house. There are two cess pits and a twin sceptic tank and soakaway immediately behind the house. They appeared to see the reason after knowing this.

Last edited:

สุรินทร์ช่วงนี้ก็จะคึกคักไปด้วยเครื่องจักรกลหนัก เครื่องเจาะบาดาล รถถัง รถน้ำ แบ็คโฮ รถขนดิน ฯลฯ
ขอบคุณทุกพลังขับเคลื่อนเพื่อสุรินทร์ของเรา

In is going to be bustling by the machine. Heavy Machine, tank, tank, car, water, back, soil, soil, etc.
Thank you for all the power driven for our in.

·
Rate this translation

+5

It is quite surprising what the impending visit by the P.M. on 19th August can do to galvanise action. Looks like they have some serious drilling rigs to bore deep 6 inch wells with good water and good flow rates. Its a good start for the residents of Surin but what about the surrounding villages in the province?

I imagine, that like others before him, the PM will fly to Buriram airport on the morning of the 19th. It will be a complete clusterfuck, if past VIP arrivals are anything to go by. Not just 150/200 police, but the bomb squad who will check the entire terminal for anything untoward, and numerous hangers on.

Fortunately my son flies to Bangkok on 18th, although he was at sometime indicating the 19th. The car parking area will be even more full than usual, all seats in the arrival/departure lounge (many recently gone with alterations) will be sat upon by the police waiting for the PM's arrival, and so - in essence - ..f**k those waiting to fly!

I imagine, that like others before him, the PM will fly to Buriram airport on the morning of the 19th. It will be a complete clusterfuck, if past VIP arrivals are anything to go by. Not just 150/200 police, but the bomb squad who will check the entire terminal for anything untoward, and numerous hangers on.

Fortunately my son flies to Bangkok on 18th, although he was at sometime indicating the 19th. The car parking area will be even more full than usual, all seats in the arrival/departure lounge (many recently gone with alterations) will be sat upon by the police waiting for the PM's arrival, and so - in essence - ..f**k those waiting to fly!

He is flying into Surin International.:p:D

Back