WE HAVE WATER.

Further apologies, this time for rushing my replies. I have just return from the site, will grab a snack, then return to work with the plumber, who is only available evenings.

At this point I have been onsite everyday except 2 over the last six months. We flew down to Bangkok for the day to attend the motor show with the aim of looking at electric cars and we did the same for the architects’ show. To say I am exhausted, would be an understatement.

Options to increase water output:

1) raise the pump from a depth of 30m to 20m, it will have to be lowered again if the water table drops
2) add a second solar panel
3) add a second solar panel and change the pump from 300w to 400w
4) Dig a new 4 inch well to replace the 3 inch well we currently have and buy a 700w DC pump and add 3 panels

Option 2 was chosen for now and we will monitor the situation.

Keep the faith bro I love what you're doing.:D

Why exactly are you depleting the ground water source in the area to fill a pond that would fill naturally over time with rain water.? You do know it is a finite resource that takes years to replenish. I am sorry if this is a stupid question for you @Bandersnatch. I Just feel I have missed something.

@Rice we have 2 Rai of garden with the house and we planned to grow fruit trees and veggies for the family, not as a business. I had a well sunk near the house to use for drip irrigation. The well guy did not find water until he reached 30m and could not go any deeper than 32m. I was told that the water bottling factory nearby was buying up land draining all the water under the land on an massive scale.

75hiFVX.jpg

Why would need to have your own transformer in the middle of an empty field? Unless you needed the power to run an industrial pump.

mx4P1L3.jpg

These blue tanks on the side of the road have appeared recently at houses that have complained that their wells have run dry. They are topped up by the water bottle company.

Recently the same company was giving away free rice, but you had give them a copy of your ID card and sign some complicated looking papers.

By comparison my 300w pump is just giving me a little water security before it's all gone. As for rain filling up the pond, the established ponds around me are all drying up.

What a dreadful ecological disaster. But I am afraid to state in my opinion. Two wrongs never do make a right. Surin is on the verge of drought declaration that is why the dams are drying up. The monsoon will be late this year, Have you checked the climate forecast of The Thai Meteorological Department? They have stated that May will be below normal this year but a surge in June will bring above average rainfalls. You obviously do not believe them, I have worked for this very professional department and I do trust them.

@Rice, I hope you are right. It is not my intention to fill the whole pond from the pump. Currently the water is just dribbling in and only when we have good sunlight.

A few days ago I met with Forum Sponsor Rubin from H20 water in Buriram. We discussed my rainwater harvesting system. I planned my house to have a large area of gently sloping roof. I am installing oversized stainless guttering and 4 inch down pipes that will feed a 6 inch ring main going to my tanks at the back of the house, the over flow from the tanks will be directed to the pond. If you don't believe me, please check with him.

Enough Forum time for me, back to the build

Last edited:
What a dreadful ecological disaster. But I am afraid to state in my opinion. Two wrongs never do make a right. Surin is on the verge of drought declaration that is why the dams are drying up. The monsoon will be late this year, Have you checked the climate forecast of The Thai Meteorological Department? They have stated that May will be below normal this year but a surge in June will bring above average rainfalls. You obviously do not believe them, I have worked for this very professional department and I do trust them.

https://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/Tmddocuments/climate-0097.pdf

upload_2019-5-8_7-18-36.png

The well guy did not find water until he reached 30m and could not go any deeper than 32m

You need a proper well drilling company. Our wells are drilled to 160 feet or about 49 meters. You need to drill a new well yours is way to shallow. I hate to say it but you were taken by the well jockey you hired. A 6 inch well including pvc of about 60 feet length for casing is about 18000 baht. You need to get this done asap but I have vey little doubt that well drilling outfits are balls to the wall with a queue out the door. On the other other side of the topic your pond was the size I thought my boss was having dug..silly me. The lake is at 1.6 rai and could grow.

The well guy did not find water until he reached 30m and could not go any deeper than 32m

If you can not find a qualified well or bore driller in your area I recommend that you contact ATB owners of this forum for assistance as he has contacts due to his buissnes. You also may consider contacting Ruangsangthai Hardware in Buriram. Its owned by a Thai/American and he has a drilling business that use still casing not pvc. http://www.buriram-bosch-power-tools.info

You need a proper well drilling company. Our wells are drilled to 160 feet or about 49 meters. You need to drill a new well yours is way to shallow. I hate to say it but you were taken by the well jockey you hired. A 6 inch well including pvc of about 60 feet length for casing is about 18000 baht. You need to get this done asap but I have vey little doubt that well drilling outfits are balls to the wall with a queue out the door. On the other other side of the topic your pond was the size I thought my boss was having dug..silly me. The lake is at 1.6 rai and could grow.

A bit harsh GL, I'm sure Bander was not "taken" by the well driller. This is what you get living out here, you ask your wife to find a driller and you go with him as he has probably done hundreds in the area. Bander has sufficient water for his purposes.

@Rice we have 2 Rai of garden with the house and we planned to grow fruit trees and veggies for the family, not as a business. I had a well sunk near the house to use for drip irrigation. The well guy did not find water until he reached 30m and could not go any deeper than 32m. I was told that the water bottling factory nearby was buying up land draining all the water under the land on an massive scale.

75hiFVX.jpg

Why would need to have your own transformer in the middle of an empty field? Unless you needed the power to run an industrial pump.

mx4P1L3.jpg

These blue tanks on the side of the road have appeared recently at houses that have complained that their wells have run dry. They are topped up by the water bottle company.

Recently the same company was giving away free rice, but you had give them a copy of your ID card and sign some complicated looking papers.

By comparison my 300w pump is just giving me a little water security before it's all gone. As for rain filling up the pond, the established ponds around me are all drying up.

I find this amazing Bander, for a Thai company to be giving out these things for free.

A bit harsh GL, I'm sure Bander was not "taken" by the well driller. This is what you get living out here, you ask your wife to find a driller and you go with him as he has probably done hundreds in the area. Bander has sufficient water for his purposes.

Just calling a spade a spade. The equipment he used is shown in a photo. This equipment is used to drill 2 inch bores and is what most farming and village homes have along with the hand dug wells. Thais and that includes my wife are not used to other ways until we step-in into the photo. Bander is going through a learning curve and I'm sure he will make it but he needs a deeper well with whats going on about him. If this guy showed up at our property he would of been laughed off if not shot.

img_20181129_101143-e1543468417461.jpg

Very apparent where the drilling equipment worked..Wells are not deep enough.

mx4P1L3.jpg

Looks like The Secrect Project Lake Dig will be resuming soon. They brought in 2 brand new pieces of equipment where our soi interests with the 214 and it will be under 1km to haul the fill.

59826339_2168053469908853_5572187258687062016_n.jpg

59630086_2168053516575515_5012109603299655680_n.jpg

60130911_2168053566575510_8004230928341663744_n.jpg

Briefly back at my computer and a few thanks. Firstly thanks to @Wombat for your supportive comments. It happened exactly as you described it. We met a builder at the land and I was told "They can start tomorrow, but need water, can we dig a well"?

The water bottle company was giving free rice as a bribe, but you had to sign away the right to take legal action against them.

I am hoping to get most of my water from rainwater harvesting, thanks @gotlost for your suggestions which I will follow if I need another well.

Thanks @nomad97 for the weather update.

Rain from yesterday @ Salakdai Moo 3:

UmZDgLq.jpg

The land around my pond is sloped to drain water into it:
mQ1fL2F.jpg

Just retuned between raindrops. It's at it again.:cool: I saw no damage at CRU BUT that build definitely needs ATB as it is flatten and strung for over 100m into swmbo paddy's. She went out to the dig and say yes it received water in the deep part. The paddy's by us are getting soaked. TMD say wet for the rest of the week.

Roof out in the field.

60141151_2169981859716014_2799344428085411840_n.jpg

A pancake.
60069280_2169981929716007_3353968376950030336_n.jpg

Back