What will 100k thb buy?

T

toddmeister

Hi all,

New to the forum and this is my first "proper" post following my introduction. I'm based in the UK with my Thai wife. We will be back to LOS for a visit probably early next year and she would like to buy some land. I'm trying to get an idea of what we can expect for our budget, which should be around £2k GBP or 100,000thb.

We will be looking at Maha Sarakham (wife's home town) or possibly Korat (she has family there also) area. I realise this is a Surin based forum but presumably prices thoughout Isaan are roughly the same?

Obviously the price depends on a number of factors, what the land will be used for, accessability, connection to services etc. I will also be trying to remain in the background to avoid the farang price.

What will the land be used for?.......well at this early stage we have no plans to build. But if we could find a suitable plot within our price range that would be an option for the long-term. It's really just to give my wife a little security of her own in Thailand with potential to use ourselves in the future or possibly sell on again a few years down the line. I suspect a little bit of "face" gaining from the wife's point of view too.

So my question basically is what amount/type of land could we expect to buy in Isaan on a 100,00thb budget?

Many Thanks
Steve

You might get a couple or three Rai of rice land out in the sticks mate !
Youll be lucky get City land for that price ,100.000 is not a lot any more mate .

Thanks Alan. Realistically what do you think would be the lowest price for say half rai of building land?? Or should we just forget about land as an investment and buy her some gold :wink: haha

building land?

What do you mean mate ?

My mate just bought 1\4 Rai in Surin City 1 mill and a bit , I bought 3.3 Rai just off the ring road 7 K out of town 1.3 mill .
All depends what and where ,

If it has a Road \ Electric \ Water \ street lights ,and so on .

building land?

What do you mean mate ?

Sorry, by building land I meant suitable for a house if we were in a position to build at some point in the future. Nothing massive, just enough for a small house.

Forgive my ignorance but is "rice land" just that and not suitable for anything else.....I mean not suitable for building or could it easily be filled or made suitable for other uses? Again we have no plan to build in the near future but it would be good to have it as an option if our circumstances changed.

By rice land I mean land with water on it in the wet season ,mainly no proper road next to it , it would need filling yes and better to let to settle . No electric or running water ,hey many people go this way and its not a problem but if you spend 100.000 on the land you,ll probably spend that if not more again getting it fit to build on .
My mate about 8 years ago got 4 Rai for 80.000 so it is poss .But he then spent about 100.000 on fill electric posts water bore ,if not more .

thanks again Alan thats good info to know

Cheers
Steve

Here some price examples, farm land in Surin area

• Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 24 Rai, location 11 km from Surin City, price 140.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 120.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 22 Rai, location 15 km from Surin City, price 72.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 30 km from Surin City, price 70.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 15 Rai, location 8 km from Surin City, price 130.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 14 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 85.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 26 Rai, location 17 km from Surin City, price 80.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 10 Rai, location 2 km from Surin City, price 800.000 THB/Rai
If you like to buy one or two rai, prices are higher (from 1,5 to 3 x /rai

Last edited:
Here some price examples, farm land in Surin area

• Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 24 Rai, location 11 km from Surin City, price 140.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 120.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 22 Rai, location 15 km from Surin City, price 72.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 30 km from Surin City, price 70.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 15 Rai, location 8 km from Surin City, price 130.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 14 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 85.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 26 Rai, location 17 km from Surin City, price 80.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 10 Rai, location 2 km from Surin City, price 800.000 THB/Rai

Lots of choice ThumbUp6

Tell me more about the land 2 km from Surin At 800k per rai. Where is it? On a road or tucked into the arse end of a bunch of rice paddy? Is there access to water / electric? What's the price of a 1 rai parcel?

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai

55.000 * 40 = 2.200.000 Not a bad price is it ,they dont normally split parcels like this
.I would hazard a guess its rice land ! Still not bad .

Tell me more about the land 2 km from Surin At 800k per rai. Where is it? On a road or tucked into the arse end of a bunch of rice paddy? Is there access to water / electric? What's the price of a 1 rai parcel?

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

This land is back of the Krisanai project, unfortunately it has been sold already, 8 million THB

Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai

55.000 * 40 = 2.200.000 Not a bad price is it ,they dont normally split parcels like this
.I would hazard a guess its rice land ! Still not bad .

It equates exactly to 10 Rai (55,000/Rai) that my wife is selling about 5km North of Kap Choeng but is rice fields. She has more land in the village that has leccy and mains water so that will be more expensive and she doesn't really want to sell it anyway...

Back