Where to purchase COVID-19 test Antigen Tests

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Any information on where to purchase COVID-19 antigen test at a reasonable price ? Surin, Prasat or surrounding area.
Was told it good idea to have one in your pocket that show with you are negative for Covid you can show in establishments that require a test.
You can always say you took it in the morning if they're not excepted walk away !
Do you not like the idea of being forced to go into quarantine in another location other than your Home.

I am not sure I understand your logic. Are you suggesting we carry a used test kit in our pockets that show you are negative, and if asked, you produce that to show you are negative? Have you been taking lessons from Novak Djokovic?

What establishments are asking people to produce a negative test on entry?

Sorry, I do not know what pharmacies are selling COVID-19 antigen test kits at a reasonable price. I have not had the need to buy such a kit.

I am not sure I understand your logic. Are you suggesting we carry a used test kit in our pockets that show you are negative, and if asked, you produce that to show you are negative? Have you been taking lessons from Novak Djokovic?

What establishments are asking people to produce a negative test on entry?

Sorry, I do not know what pharmacies are selling COVID-19 antigen test kits at a reasonable price. I have not had the need to buy such a kit.
Illustrious YouTube information videos are showing in Pattaya. If you go to a local restaurant test are required. If you take test when are you arrive, it turns out positive for Omicron or ? you are hustled off to a quarantine hotel for about 5000 baht a day ? This includes if you are already vaccinated and can show it on your phone.
That does not imply that I'm going to be out there trying to spread the disease or that I'm going to Pattaya soon, however it would be nice to go down and take advantage of the cuisine, entertainment for a week or so.

Just wanting information on Pharmacy's were antigen test are available at reasonable price. I purchased two test from the pharmacy at the bus station in Prasat about 300 baht each a few months ago.

The other question is how do you get the information on your phone, I have a certificate of vaccination paper showing two injections Pfizer ?

Last edited:
Illustrious YouTube information videos are showing in Pattaya. If you go to a local restaurant test are required. If you take test when are you arrive, it turns out positive for Omicron or ? you are hustled off to a quarantine hotel for about 5000 baht a day ? This includes if you are already vaccinated and can show it on your phone.
That does not imply that I'm going to be out there trying to spread the disease or that I'm going to Pattaya soon, however it would be nice to go down and take advantage of the cuisine, entertainment for a week or so.

Just wanting information on Pharmacy's were antigen test are available at reasonable price. I purchased two test from the pharmacy at the bus station in Prasat about 300 baht each a few months ago.

The other question is how do you get the information on your phone, I have a certificate of vaccination paper showing two injections Pfizer ?
Take a photo of your vaccination cert. and keep it on your phone or make a copy of your cert. in your wallet.

Your question has not been answered. You scan the QR on your certificate and your phone directs you to a secure site that authenticates your certificate.
All depends on the version of android you have to scan you either need a QR scan app or if its a newer version a photo scans for QR automatically.

Bye the way I don't believe most places want you to take a test then and there to get in. I have heard though some hiso clubs in Bangkok do it. More common is just proof of vaccination. But as @nomad97 carrying around a used test strip is just ridiculous. But hell this is Thailand anything is possible.

The last one I bought was not up to standard, I vowed never to return. Previously, they had been very good.
Hamburger or energy test
The last one I bought was not up to standard, I vowed never to return. Previously, they had been very good.
antigen test or hamburger ?
Your question has not been answered. You scan the QR on your certificate and your phone directs you to a secure site that authenticates your certificate.
All depends on the version of android you have to scan you either need a QR scan app or if its a newer version a photo scans for QR automatically.

Bye the way I don't believe most places want you to take a test then and there to get in. I have heard though some hiso clubs in Bangkok do it. More common is just proof of vaccination. But as @nomad97 carrying around a used test strip is just ridiculous. But hell this is Thailand anything is possible.

My daughter and her family living in the Pattaya area seem to test themselves every 2/3 days

I fail to understand why they and so many others do the same.

Fine, if you have some symptoms, otherwise it would seem a waste of money. A test will only confirm positive or negative. If negative now when you test, you could be positive an hour later and not know it. And if you do test positive, you have likely been carying and spreading the virus for many previous days, so the damage has been done!

My daughter and her family living in the Pattaya area seem to test themselves every 2/3 days

I fail to understand why they and so many others do the same.

Fine, if you have some symptoms, otherwise it would seem a waste of money. A test will only confirm positive or negative. If negative now when you test, you could be positive an hour later and not know it. And if you do test positive, you have likely been carying and spreading the virus for many previous days, so the damage has been done!
Because you can have it and be spreading it without showing ANY symptoms. And if you test every 3 or 4 days at least you would know just how long you have likely had it and possibly have been spreading it, therefore making it easier to check who you have been in contact with who you may have given it to. At least once you do show positive you can isolate yourself at home until you have 2 negative results, rather than walking around spreading it to others due to your being ignorant of even having it. Seems the responsible thing to do, especially if you have a lot of contact with the general public. Bangkok and Pattaya have higher numbers than up here in Surin, where, at the moment, we seem to have around on average 70/75 infections daily (where just 2 or 3 weeks ago we were finally under 10 a day). BKK being almost 800 daily now, and I expect Pattaya's numbers also to be higher than ours are here.

Back