Working it at Starbeam's

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
A productive day so far in Starbeam's. I got all the business cards printed without screwing it all up somehow. Yes! Another piece of the whole in place and finished for a couple/few months.

Also, a young Thai man and woman who run a tour company here in Surin came in with friends today to eat. The Thai couple said they are happy to find our place and will be bringing in their tour customers to eat in our place in the future. They were a very nice couple and they love the Western and Thai foods we serve at Starbeam's.

A nice plus for the business.

Now to get in contact with the Temp Farang English teachers (Starfish I believe is the name of the company) once again.

Lots of Thais coming in as well as our western expat customers. Some of the young Thai women coming in the past week or so have been taking pics of their food/dishes and putting them up on Thai internet media sites with info about our restaurant. We have noticed a distinct increase in these young Thai professionals coming in the past few days. It is a pleasure to see them enjoying our foods.

It's all good. Working it and getting it done day by day, a little every day.

Mike

Wonderful day today at Starbeam's. Great to see the Bear, and Jaspen too. Lots of Thais in today, many who found us on 'Line', and many who keep coming in with friends and families. And great to see the Temp English teachers have found us today. 10 of them came in this evening and had a good time eating their favorite foods. They assured us they would be back again and again and will spread the word of where we are now located. We also placed our new signs at the ends of the street, which soon brought in an old customer who lives nearby and who told us he would tell the others he knows that also live near our restaurant that we are again open for business. All in all a good day for us. It's all good. Hope to see you all soon at Starbeam's.

Last edited:
Wonderful day today at Starbeam's. Great to see the Bear, and Jaspen too. Lots of Thais in today, many who found us on 'Line', and many who keep coming in with friends and families. And great to see the Temp English teachers have found us today. 10 of them came in this evening and had a good time eating their favorite foods. They assured us they would be back again and again and will spread the word we of where we are now located. We also placed our new signs at the ends of the street, which soon brought in an old customer who lives nearby and who told us he would tell the others he knows that also live near our restaurant that we are again open for business. All in all a good day for us. It's all good. Hope to see you all soon at Starbeam's.

Hey, Mike, sounds like the same 10 I met at the Majestic Pool today....see my post on this. Glad to hear they found you before they found out the name of the school they're working at! Lol. Seemed nice young people to me!

Hey, Mike, sounds like the same 10 I met at the Majestic Pool today....see my post on this. Glad to hear they found you before they found out the name of the school they're working at! Lol. Seemed nice young people to me!

Saw that post earlier. Most likely them, John. One of the boys said there are 12 of them just arrived. A friend, ArchiMark, told me later that he brought them around and showed them where we are. He lives across the klong behind Lorenzino's. I believe the company that gets these temp teachers (Starfish?) rents a house/building close by there. And yes, they did seem like very nice young people. I'll have to ask ArchiMark where he ran into them tomorrow.

Mike

obviously marketing...

Wonderful day today at Starbeam's. Great to see the Bear, and Jaspen too. Lots of Thais in today, many who found us on 'Line', and many who keep coming in with friends and families. And great to see the Temp English teachers have found us today. 10 of them came in this evening and had a good time eating their favorite foods. They assured us they would be back again and again and will spread the word of where we are now located. We also placed our new signs at the ends of the street, which soon brought in an old customer who lives nearby and who told us he would tell the others he knows that also live near our restaurant that we are again open for business. All in all a good day for us. It's all good. Hope to see you all soon at Starbeam's.

...and advertising can make a world of difference, wouldn't one agree ?

...and advertising can make a world of difference, wouldn't one agree ?

Yes, it does. We've been open less than three weeks. Trying to let those who used to like our foods know we are back in business. But it is going well and word is spreading. And mainly by word of mouth and on the old Starbeam Restaurant FB business page and through friends and neighbors. It's nice to see our old customers from before coming in and telling us how much they missed our menu and venue. And great to see so many new customers and Thai customers coming in every day.

New front door canopy

Just installed a new canopy over the front door. Now to find the damn leak in the roof. This rain has been a pain.

DSCN0798_zps0745f050.jpg

Finally had enough dry days to have the tractor man level the parking lot land. Done. Later, after the rainy season stops, we will throw down some large gravel stone.

Finally had enough dry days to have the tractor man level the parking lot land. Done. Later, after the rainy season stops, we will throw down some large gravel stone.

Stopped by there this evening to inspect the new parking lot (car park for you English chaps). It is greatly improved and even allowed me to wheel the grandson's push chair (pram for you Northerners) with ease.

So, the grandson and I enjoyed a chicken and cheese quesadilla (a first for both of us), a bottle of milk formula and a couple of glasses of red wine....I leave you to work out who had what!

It was good to chat with Mike and Larry (enjoying his usual Massaman) whilst we experimented with Mexican food, Starbeam style. Thanks Mike and Waen.

Stopped by there this evening to inspect the new parking lot (car park for you English chaps). It is greatly improved and even allowed me to wheel the grandson's push chair (pram for you Northerners) with ease.

So, the grandson and I enjoyed a chicken and cheese quesadilla (a first for both of us), a bottle of milk formula and a couple of glasses of red wine....I leave you to work out who had what!

It was good to chat with Mike and Larry (enjoying his usual Massaman) whilst we experimented with Mexican food, Starbeam style. Thanks Mike and Waen.

Glad to hear you're starting him on the wine early in life, like a good Continental.

Nice little restaurant, and quite a contrast from the old Starbeam. BTW, I'm a Massaman addict too, though I don't go there very often.

Back