World's tallest-known man bedridden in Surin (Prasat)

Come on Surinites !!!

Unite and try to help this family!!!

I regret not to be in the country for the moment and near future in order to help these people out.

Follow the example of urleft on Buriram Expats : he put a shout out and we with a few people bought a new wheelchair for a needy person and which he had delivered anonimously to that person.

I urge you to move forward, so that you can encourage others to follow !!!!

what can really be done...how much do you need

The World's Tallest Man ! - Wow , who would have believed ?!?

Maybe they could start school trips to visit him and/or open a World's Tallest Man Museum.
The least we can do is request that authorities contact the folks at Guinness World Records , eh.

Sorry Croc. Your approach is the most humane and much more compassionate.
I'm just being realistic after imbibing Belgium Trappist Ale Jump_Drool
I'm on the lighter side this morning.
Maybe instead of Alan throwing his THB 8,000 away on software we can all find it more reasonable that those funds be sent to this man's family. 10of10Score

("Darling , what the heck is in those mushrooms you gave me ? I'm feeling slightly...")

'List' price for an 84" long electric hospital bed is about: List Price: $2,178.00

And that is made overseas and would need to be shipped in.

I wonder if there are ANY hospitals in Thailand that even have just one in stock for patient use in their hospital. I worked in a medium sized American hospital a long time ago, and they had 2 '7 footers' for use. I know, as I was sent to the basement storage area to get one up for a patient who was 7' 2" tall.

I'd think this poor big guy would need a special custom made electric, or crank even, hospital bed. Made to order. Hopefully this article is posted in the Thai language websites and news services, and even on the Thai TV news and will get the attention of some Thai philanthropist, or the Government agencies, or even the royals who are usually good about helping their people with things like this.

I have been thinking about this story most of the day. On the one hand my heart says that I would like to get involved but, on the other hand, I am more than just a little wary. What would my dear SWMBO say if I told her I wanted to help? I would most likely be told in no uncertain terms that there are more deserving cases in her own village, her own family even that need to be helped first. And we have been there and discused that before too. Once you start getting involved everyone and their dog wants your help. After all, you are the rich Farang and money grows in ATM machines, doesn't it?

The guy has got his story publicised in a national newspaper and maybe a TV station will run with his story later too. Let us hope that some kind Thai benefactor will come forward and do what is necessary. Do I think that myself, a foreigner in a foreign land should get involved? In a word - no.

That's why we - farang - have to keep certain things from our partners.
When urleft found out about this guy in need of a new wheelchair he put a shout on Buriram Expats and some of us found it in our hearts to donate 500 baht per person to buy a new wheelchair, nookie was also one of the "sponsors". To my knowledge nobody reported it to his partner because we all know the repercussions could be "fatal" to our hearing if our partner found out.
The deal was done in less than a week.
If someone who is living around there could have a peek or get some info through his backchannels things could move quickly and quietly.

every picture tells a story

As you're in Europe and quite interested in this - please contact the folks at Guinness.

Surely Croc , donations would begin to pour in for the World's Tallest Man...and his family. Chokdee5

Back