Wow

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Seen on TVFB this morning.

"FYI Re marriage visa : Today the Samui imm office asked for proof of landlord having paid property taxes for the unit I lease. Landlords were there fortunately. What if not there ? No visa ? Deported ?

Also we have a child together and besides birth certificate, they wanted copy of son's Thai ID.
Its getting worse every year, more and more hassles"

And some will ask for this and some will not I imagine. How the fark will one be be able to get a landlord's tax payment paperwork? And what does this have to do with a farang getting his marriage visa? It is just more bullshit. Isolated to the Samui Immi, or a sign of more BS to come? Our visa approvals used as a way to get landlords to pay their taxes? WTF?

Yes I know this really does not need to be stated. But just how do they make it the foreigners problem the private affairs of their landlord. Yes I am aware that most of our landlords are our wives. But still. Just some local IO making shite up once again. It is the same as when they make it the foreigners problem of landlord reporting.
Well there is already a rush to leave with the tax laws. I know of at least 3 expats leaving. These are wealthy people. They are not going to pay no tax.
I guess that's how they got wealthy.

Yes I know this really does not need to be stated. But just how do they make it the foreigners problem the private affairs of their landlord. Yes I am aware that most of our landlords are our wives. But still. Just some local IO making shite up once again. It is the same as when they make it the foreigners problem of landlord reporting.
Well there is already a rush to leave with the tax laws. I know of at least 3 expats leaving. These are wealthy people. They are not going to pay no tax.
I guess that's how they got wealthy.

Most landlords are not our wives. That is the rural view of many living in Isaan. For the vast majority of Farangs, on extensions of stay in Thailand, the landlord is an independent third party - usually Thai. Ridiculous practices like with Samui Immigration are easy to deal with if a wife is the landlord - less so in other situations, where tracking down the landlord may in itself be a challenge.

I can't think of anyone on this forum who will pay Thai tax (other than that deducted on bank deposit interest) in 2024.

Most landlords are not our wives. That is the rural view of many living in Isaan. For the vast majority of Farangs, on extensions of stay in Thailand, the landlord is an independent third party - usually Thai. Ridiculous practices like with Samui Immigration are easy to deal with if a wife is the landlord - less so in other situations, where tracking down the landlord may in itself be a challenge.

I can't think of anyone on this forum who will pay Thai tax (other than that deducted on bank deposit interest) in 2024.
The X factor is, how much will themutherf*kkin sons of toads rip us off for ??.

Back