£10, £20 & £50's

R

robert1200

A friend is off to LOS next week and has been told that the exchange booths have stopped taking £10 &£20 notes and are now only taking £50's
I would have thought the other way around personally but don't change £notes anymore, can anyone confirm?

I think the story your mate got may be a little distorted you may get a slightly different rate for lower then £50 notes but they still except all notes as long they are in good condition. The rate difference is a whole 10 satang, seems hardly worth the effort on their part. It is the same for USD they do a four way split for them though. USD 100 USD 50 USD 5-20 USD 1-2.
On the subject of exchange booths they can be a real rip off. Stick with a shop like Vasu at Sukhumvit 7/1 they offer the best rates. Check the web site out.
http://www.vasuexchange.com/#

Thanks for prompt reply, I'll pass the info onwards

Robert. Superich have a booth on most BTS stations now. Bright orange, you cant miss them.
Same rates. Just need your passport and clean notes.

cheers mate, it's gonna be my mates first trip to LOS, he's going with another mate and his thai wife, they are hiring a van and also have a funeral to go to. I told him to get dropped off in Pattaya and picked up again in 3 weeks.

Robert. Superich have a booth on most BTS stations now. Bright orange, you cant miss them.
Same rates. Just need your passport and clean notes.
I seem to remember reading about these places on TV and think they have one by the ticket offices to the Skytrain in Swampy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I needed to buy some foreign currency for a trip to Laos (US $) and I went to Bangkok Bank in Robinsons and was pleasantly surprised to find they had all the notes between 1 and 100$.
A couple of years ago Bangkok Bank in town could only supply 100$ notes which wasn't too convenient particularly when a restaurant in Siem Reap wouldn't accept it.

Robert tell your mate the advice about clean notes is important. No tears or writing on them, new notes if possible.

To be fair, Superrich and the exchange booths of Pattaya are likely to be less pernickety than a rural Thai bank branch - and certainly less so than Molly Malones! To be honest few business can afford to lose money when the note value ($100) is circa 3,600 Baht.

The rate for GBP50 will always be better than smaller denominations.

Did you read the Lee Child (Jack Reacher) book about counterfeit US$ 100.00 bills? Very interesting.

[Killing Floor]

Last edited:
Did you read the Lee Child (Jack Reacher) book about counterfeit US$ 100.00 bills? Very interesting.

[Killing Floor]

No... tell more.

There is a new Jack Reacher film coming out in October.

Also the most widely counterfeited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true I am afraid.

£20 notes win hands down.

chart_1_large.jpg

Last edited:
No... tell more.
There is a new Jack Reacher film coming out in October.

Yes I see that (after trying to download it - Doh!).

If I tell you more, it will spoil the book. It's the one where his brother was murdered. I have all the Reacher books on Kindle if you wish.

Yes I see that (after trying to download it - Doh!).

If I tell you more, it will spoil the book. It's the one where his brother was murdered. I have all the Reacher books on Kindle if you wish.

I have one of them Kindles but have forgotten how to use it !!!

I have one of them Kindles but have forgotten how to use it !!!

I don't have a Kindle but I have "Kindle for PC" which may be downloaded from Amazon for free (they must be assuming that you will subsequently pay for the books).

Back