1 year Bank statement needed O temporary extension 1 year

lightfoot

Surin Legend
9 November, O visa temporary extension refused KC.
Instructed to get 1 year by bank statement.
Requesting statement BB bank Surin Robinsons 10 November, today.
Will I apply Surin city Immigration after jumping through hoops.
Yes, how high can you jump in Amazing Thailand ?

That is not an unusual, or unreasonable, request.

What financial basis are you applying on - money in the bank or monthly income.

That is not an unusual, or unreasonable, request.

With my married extension, I am required to present a 12 bank statement no more than 3 days old
as well as a bank copy of my bank book done on the day I submit my extension request, this is additional
to my 12 monthly income statements.

Money deposited in the BB bank without any withdrawals or additions except for interest occurred.

Lightfoot, 800,000 for an extension based on retirement...
or 400,000 based on marriage ?

With my married extension, I am required to present a 12 bank statement no more than 3 days old
as well as a bank copy of my bank book done on the day I submit my extension request, this is additional
to my 12 monthly income statements.

Ferr, is your extension of visa based on marriage solely on the incoming monthly minimum threshold ?

Are there any additional requirements to that method for making an extension based on marriage...(ie: such as keeping a monthly minimum balance in your bank account) ?

Money deposited in the BB bank without any withdrawals or additions except for interest occurred.

Thanks.

Arguably pointless if they can see that from a bank passbook - and they have the standard bank letter confirm the account and account balance.

However, many times Immigration will want to see what you are living on - so they will look for activity on a bank account. One bank account with a fixed balance of 400/800k doesn't give them that information.

Ferr, is your extension of visa based on marriage solely on the incoming monthly minimum threshold ?

Are there any additional requirements to that method for making an extension based on marriage...(ie: such as keeping a monthly minimum balance in your bank account) ?
Apart from the usual red tape palava, two copies of every doccument signed( in blue ink ) + photo's of us in various areas of the house--no.
As long as I have an obvious tracable doccumented money trail from my bank in Aus to my Thai bank monthly, the mungbeans are happy.

This must be a new requirement enforced after I applied (and received) my 12 month extension (retirement) in May/June this year. I was required to provide a bank statement (in addition to copies of my passbook) for the previous 3 months. There was also no mention of returning to the office with proof that the balance was still in excess of ฿800,000.00 2/3 months later.

Last edited:
This must be a new requirement enforced after I applied (and received) my 12 month extension (retirement) in May/June this year. I was required to provide a bank statement (in addition to copies of my passbook) for the previous 3 months. There was also no mention of returning to the office with proof that the balance was still in excess of ฿800,000.00 2/3 months later.

Not that Immigration care about my opinion, but, if the bank passbook clearly shows that the required balance has been maintained for 2 months prior then why bother with any bank statements?

Surin office has never followed through with the 3 months after rule.

Not that Immigration care about my opinion, but, if the bank passbook clearly shows that the required balance has been maintained for 2 months prior then why bother with any bank statements?

It could be that I rarely updated the passbook (possibly three times/year) so entries tended to be accumulations of deposits and withdrawals. However, because the deposit entries always preceded the withdrawal entries, the balance never reduced below the required amount, so that should have been sufficient.

But it wasn't so I now obtain the 3 month statement from the bank every year just in case (I have to go to the bank anyway for the balance letter).

I'm convinced that the increase in the regulations are formulated as a ploy to make it more and more awkward to apply officially for your extension and so encourage one to choose the "corrupt" route thereby putting cash in the IO's pockets. They get bugger all from a legitimate application.

It could be that I rarely updated the passbook (possibly three times/year) so entries tended to be accumulations of deposits and withdrawals. However, because the deposit entries always preceded the withdrawal entries, the balance never reduced below the required amount, so that should have been sufficient.

But it wasn't so I now obtain the 3 month statement from the bank every year just in case (I have to go to the bank anyway for the balance letter).

I'm convinced that the increase in the regulations are formulated as a ploy to make it more and more awkward to apply officially for your extension and so encourage one to choose the "corrupt" route thereby putting cash in the IO's pockets. They get bugger all from a legitimate application.
Yorky. Heaven forbid. That would not happen.

Back