67-year-old woman raped in broad daylight

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Buri Ram: - A 67-year-old woman told police that she was raped by a young man in her own rice field in broad daylight.

The woman, whose name was withheld, has filed complaint with Prayoon Wisetphan, the leader of Tambon Phochai in Buri Ram’s Nong Ki district, that she was raped Monday morning at knife point.

The tambon leader led her to file complaint with the Nong Ki police station and its chief, Pol Col Banthit Onsakhon, led some police officers to check the scene Tuesday morning.

Police led the woman, who appeared frightened, to point the spot where she was rapped. She led police to the dry pool in the middle of her rice field amid onlookers, who are local residents. Many of them provided her moral support because she is well loved by local residents and she loves to go to temple regularly.

Police did not find any evidence apart from traces of car’s tires on the road near the field.

The woman told police that while she was cutting weeds to prepare her field for rice growing, a man, who appeared between 25 to 30 years old, arrived in a car. He parked the car about 100 meters away and walked to her.

He told her that he came to inspect a field next to hers to check whether he should accept its mortgage or not.

The woman agreed to lead the man to check the field but the man pulled out his knife and forced her to go down the dry pool. He forced her to undress herself and perform an oral sex for him before he raped her and fled the scene.

The woman could not remember the make and license plate of the car.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826462-67-year-old-woman-raped-in-broad-daylight/

Tell me...What's "righteous" about standing along side a victim of rape and questioning such a flippant comment coming from a so called 'Academic'?

Tongue in cheek my dear man tongue in cheek. They jumped to conclusions.

Tongue in cheek my dear man tongue in cheek. They jumped to conclusions.

Lets be fair about this, try him, convict him, sentence him and then, let the prison population know exactly what he did and, let justice be done.

in Thailand...

...it is up to the woman to insist that the police bring charges.

Not to sound flippant about a "reported rape" but this is Thailand.
Did the police utilize a "rape kit" to obtain a DNA sample of the reported perpetrator's sperm ?
Did he really brandish a knife ?
If not , will they really have a case if he denies the accusation ?

(Remember Tawana Brawley...pantsonfire...and those rape allegations were in America.)

Might this have been consensual and he drove off ?

Possibly if she agrees they may decide to live together and charges will be dropped ; eventhough, the man is indeed older than what she reported as 25 -30.

{I'm almost at the point of disbelief on initial breaking news stories. Thai Visa shrug1}

Last edited by a moderator:
Back