Aussie Lee back in Surin

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
He just finished his monumental (stress on the mental) bicycle trek from Bali to Bangkok. Amazing haul. Slept in a tent mainly and cooked for himself. He said it wasn't easy between towns to find food and shelter. Props to him for finishing the trip. And in this hot season as well.

I sincerely hope he is careful in Thailand. Remember all those world trekkers that land up getting killed on the roads in Thailand.
Happens with monotonous regularity. ;;shocked;;
Yup. I remember a few. A couple one time that had cycled around the world, only to get killed here in Thailand at the end of their cycling tour/trip on their bikes.

I had (still have) a nice TREK 710 hybrid city/mountain bike I brought over from the states a long time back to use here. Damned near got killed a few times. And it was usually the motocyke driving idjits that were the blame. I gave up way back then and decided 4 wheels and steel was the way to go. Now I see Thais cycling around everywhere here in Surin. I wonder what the accident rates are for cyclists these days here.

Last edited:
Yup. I remember a few. A couple one time that had cycled around the world, only to get killed here in Thailand at the end of their cycling tour/trip on their bikes.

I had (still have) a nice TREK 710 hybrid city/mountain bike I brought over from the states a long time back to use here. Damned near got killed a few times. And it was usually the motocyke driving idjits that were the blame. I gave up way back then and decided 4 wheels and steel was the way to go. Now I see Thais cycling around everywhere here in Surin. I wonder what the accident rates are for cyclists these days here.
You want to sell it?

You want to sell it?
Nah. I may use it some day soon on the bicycle track they have at the exercise park/reservoir. I am a bicycle tech and want to do some changes on the shifters and brakes. Will give me something to do that I find interesting and fun. Replacing it with a decent bike later would be expensive. :) But riding with the traffic here is insane really. Need to ride off street on a track or on the trails in the woods. The one thing I dislike on the bike is the handle grip shifter mechanism. Will change to a normal shifter system on the down tube.

Back