Bad experience at Pizza restaurant.

A

AussieBill

A close Thai friend decided to drop into the Pizza restaurant chain in Surin Plaza a few days' ago.

Order: 1 small pizza, extra pineapple, 1 small Caesar salad, 1 cappuccino (no water)

Arrived: 1 small pizza, no extra pineapple, 1 small ordinary salad, 1 water, no cappuccino.

Bin: 1 large pizza, extra pineapple, 1 large Caesar salad, 1 water, 1 cappuccino
711 baht. (Should have been around 300 baht).

Fortunately, the manager wandered by while my friend was checking the items on the table against the expensive bin and asked if everything was OK. When shown the huge discrepancy, he abused the waitress by throwing the bin on the floor.

If I was the manager I think the meal would now have been free and the waitress heading up the road, but my friend was happy to pay for what really arrived.

The cappuccino could never have arrived as the machine was known to be broken!

Draw your own conclusions . . . .

I eat there a fair amount and have never had any problems. That's not the norm for them. Maybe it was a new waitress?

I too eat there weekly. I have always found the staff to be very pleasant.

Oh my God, my first thoughts are did the manager make it right and charge the proper amount and a lesson learned for all, ALWAYS check your bill before handing over any money. My main concern is the admission that some Farangs actually eat a so called Pizza in that joint. It's nothing more than a ball of dough barely cooked topped with items I would not feed my dog. I know Thai's love the place and will choose that type of Pizza over a real Pizza from Starbeam or Lorenzino's but a Farang???

I was in the Korat branch, walking distance from the office where you get the thai passports. The sizes were a litlle bit disappointing. the ordered salad never arrived but the taste was very good, good topping and crusty .. a little bit more spendy than your average food but everyone enjoyed it ... even myself and I'm not so easily pleased ... the bill was correct ...

Oh my God, my first thoughts are did the manager make it right and charge the proper amount and a lesson learned for all, ALWAYS check your bill before handing over any money. My main concern is the admission that some Farangs actually eat a so called Pizza in that joint. It's nothing more than a ball of dough barely cooked topped with items I would not feed my dog. I know Thai's love the place and will choose that type of Pizza over a real Pizza from Starbeam or Lorenzino's but a Farang???
I usually get a salad and the spicy bacon spaghetti. If I do get pizza the "thin and crispy double pepperoni" is very good.

Weather the food is to your liking or not, its good to get a 'heads up' on a scam even if it might have only happened once, I suppose.

Weather the food is to your liking or not, its good to get a 'heads up' on a scam even if it might have only happened once, I suppose.

Agreed! A scam is a scam and not someone making a silly mistake. I have seen it all too often, especially with bar staff. You ask for and get charged for a double and the barman only pours you a single. You challenge the 'mistake' and the barman always adds the second measure without a quibble and an apology. In the case of the pizza I am quite sure that someone is deliberately trying to take your money and not making a mistake. If the bill was hand-written then I know how the staff can covert the extra into cash in the pocket. However, if the 'check bin' was printed from the till / computer system then I do not know how the young lady converts the over-charge into cash. Not unless the manager and all are involved in the act somehow.

In Pizza Company I always get a printed bill with items and costs detailed in English. The bill usually arrives before the food, so you have the opportunity to challenge it even before the meal is on the table. When taking an order, the waitress always repeats your order back to you.

In Pizza Company I always get a printed bill with items and costs detailed in English. The bill usually arrives before the food, so you have the opportunity to challenge it even before the meal is on the table. When taking an order, the waitress always repeats your order back to you.

Very true on 100% of my visits to various sites

It is reminiscent of the times one is overcharged in Pattaya bar. All too easy for the mamasan to blame a new girl when it is detected and questioned but an establishment only needs to try it on with every 10th customer of which probably one in a hundred will notice and they are on a nice little earner . Sometimes it is the girl , sometimes it is the cashier , sometimes it is the owner/manager , sometimes it is all of them but if you do not complain so they are aware of you knowing , they will persist.

Too much stuff up to be accidental, me thinks. Especially as it was Thai ordering from Thai - no translation misunderstandings.

Went there a few weeks ago, paid 500 Thb to let my girlfriends Thai children "experience" western food after a lot of nagging....they weren't impressed and neither was I so I got back home, bought what I needed from a baker in Chumphonburi and made my own...happy days, they now want more!!

A close Thai friend decided to drop into the Pizza restaurant chain in Surin Plaza a few days' ago.

Order: 1 small pizza, extra pineapple, 1 small Caesar salad, 1 cappuccino (no water)

Arrived: 1 small pizza, no extra pineapple, 1 small ordinary salad, 1 water, no cappuccino.

Bin: 1 large pizza, extra pineapple, 1 large Caesar salad, 1 water, 1 cappuccino
711 baht. (Should have been around 300 baht).

Fortunately, the manager wandered by while my friend was checking the items on the table against the expensive bin and asked if everything was OK. When shown the huge discrepancy, he abused the waitress by throwing the bin on the floor.

If I was the manager I think the meal would now have been free and the waitress heading up the road, but my friend was happy to pay for what really arrived.

The cappuccino could never have arrived as the machine was known to be broken!

Draw your own conclusions . . . .
The chain above does not offer a large and small Ceaser salad. They only have one size on the menu @ 129Baht. They also have computer billing with a touch screen system and printed out reciepts.

(A) Why would your friend order a small salad when there is only one size on the menu.
(B) Why would the computer reciept have a large salad on it when they only sell one size.

I thought Paddyk was being very positive. I might add that I think they overdo the MSG too! I seldom eat one nowadays even though the family still enjoy.

PaddyK being positive!!! That would be a first. But that Pizza is dire, Each to his own I guess, but its not for me either.

Back