Bangkok Bank debit card.

robjak

Surin Dinosaur
4 times I've tried to pay for hotel using the Accorhotel app on iPad and the card has been declined.
Been to see the bank in lobinsons 3 times and they keep saying the card will work.
The only thing I can think of is that when I enter the card details in the app I write my address in English but when I opened the account Bangkok bank used the address in my yellow book which is in Thai. I've tried to ask the staff but I don't think they know what I mean.
Anybody had similar?

I've used my Kasikorn VISA debit card in both UK and Australia. It was processed as a CREDIT card and worked fine. That was many years ago though.

Luckily the hotel has said it will honour my booking and I can pay at the desk when we check in for the same price. It's just fukin annoying.

I have used my Bangkok Bank debit card to make purchases or book accommodation both here and abroad. Works perfectly without problems. Sometimes I have to verify my account and get a special code from the bank (using the phone keypad). Also works with Paypal. I have never used Accorhotel as I prefer Agoda, Trip advisor or Booking.com.

I wonder if it is something to do with the app on iPad then. Next time I'll try one of those you mention nomad.

Back