Bangkok Bank - Internet Access

W

Wombat

I'm considering opening a Bangkok bank account for everyday banking as some of you may be aware. This is bought about by my recent problem with the bank letter for Immigration.

I like my Kasikorn account for every other reason apart from the letter thing. It allows me to do most of my banking on the internet and the App. Well it did up to now on the App as the App doesn't work anymore as my phone is not up to scratch due to a recent security upgrade to the App. Apparently my Xiaomi phone has been altered for use in Thailand and this alteration does not meet the security levels for the App, fair enough.

Does Bangkok bank have a reliable internet banking system that is in English and is easy to use?

I found an App in the Play Store for BB but am unsure if it works well.

I have used internet banking at Bangkok Bank for some time, no problems. Your initial set-up will take a couple of days, they have to go through main branch Bangkok, but once done...very good.

Bangkok Bank internet is excellent -in many ways easier to use that Kasikorn.
First open the account and get your log-in info.
I have used internet banking at Bangkok Bank for some time, no problems. Your initial set-up will take a couple of days, they have to go through main branch Bangkok, but once done...very good.
I agree, the Bangkok Bank Internet Banking, Bualuang iBanking, is very good. I encountered problems setting up the initial account, something not quite right with the paperwork, and it took the best part of 3 weeks. The paperwork had to go to Bangkok and back a couple of times. However, the girls in the bank (Tesco branch) were very helpful and stayed on the case. Certainly worth waiting for. I think my wife set up her account in a matter of minutes.

The only reason that I am with Kasikorn Bank is that Bangkok Bank would not allow me internet banking as I didn't posses a Work Permit. That was back in 2001 and as has been stated on here, Bualuang iBanking does not now stipulate this requirement.

The only reason that I am with Kasikorn Bank is that Bangkok Bank would not allow me internet banking as I didn't posses a Work Permit. That was back in 2001 and as has been stated on here, Bualuang iBanking does not now stipulate this requirement.

I think that Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank internet banking are about on par with each other. Personally, I prefer the K Bank presentation but BKB edges it on functionality - especially on transfers.

Kasikorn Bank in Prakhonchai is widely regarded as the most Farang-friendly bank in the area.

I generally conduct all my internet banking at the beginning of the month. I pay a number of bills (scheduling them) but I have to wait about 10 minutes between payments as if not it appears to clog up the Kasikorn system.

One other advantage of Bangkok Bank is that they have an efficient branch in Kap Choeng
I bank in Surin and call in KC branch before visiting Immigration for my annual renewal- they have always provided the required letter confirming my bank balance in a few minutes.

One other advantage of Bangkok Bank is that they have an efficient branch in Kap Choeng
I bank in Surin and call in KC branch before visiting Immigration for my annual renewal- they have always provided the required letter confirming my bank balance in a few minutes.

A friend told me on Friday that he has a Bangkok Bank account in Buriram. He deposited ฿ 60,000.00 (in Baht) in the Surin branch of Bangkok Bank and was charged ฿ 80.00 for the transaction.

A friend told me on Friday that he has a Bangkok Bank account in Buriram. He deposited ฿ 60,000.00 (in Baht) in the Surin branch of Bangkok Bank and was charged ฿ 80.00 for the transaction.

An out of area fee is quite normal. Used to be 0.1%

Many many years ago, a friend closed an account at Bangkok Bank HO containing around 1 million baht. . He wanted to transfer to his local branch but with a fee of 1,000baht quoted, he brought the cash back with him on the bus!

In Singapore in 2000 I needed to provide my wife in Surin with money to pay a repair bill for the truck. I had my BKK book and her account number (in BKK bank). I went in to the Singapore branch to transfer the amount. "Sorry sir, we cannot do that, you will need to pay cash into the account". "I don't have the cash to hand". "If you draw cash from an ATM you may then deposit that". "But cash drawn from an ATM would be in S$" Yes sir, we can change it into Baht" (suffering two exchange rate charges, of course). "OK, where's your ATM?". "We don't have one sir - there is one about 500 metres down the road".

And so continued my hatred of bankers.

Last edited:
An out of area fee is quite normal. Used to be 0.1%

Many many years ago, a friend closed an account at Bangkok Bank HO containing around 1 million baht. . He wanted to transfer to his local branch but with a fee of 1,000baht quoted, he brought the cash back with him on the bus!

I withdrew ฿ 500,000.00 from a bank once (BKK again) so I can imagine what it looks like. They were not even going to give me an envelope to put it in!

I withdrew ฿ 500,000.00 from a bank once (BKK again) so I can imagine what it looks like. They were not even going to give me an envelope to put it in!
When we bought our truck new in 2007, we paid cash and took a cash withdrawal from our Siam Commercial Bank account across the street from the Nissan dealer in Samut Prakan. They did give me a couple of envelopes, but Bt 624,000 in cash made me nervous enough!

Last edited:
When we bought our truck New in 2007, we paid cash and took a cash withdrawal from our Siam Commercial Bank account across the street from the Nissan dealer in Samut Prakan. They did give me a couple of envelopes, but Bt 624,000 in cash made me nervous enough!

It had all changed by 2010. The dealer gave me their account number and I transferred the money via the internet.

Back