Bangkok Bank Offering a Mastercard

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
Bangkok Bank Offering a Mastercard "Debit" Card Beginning 5 Nov 18

image.png.db9b5498d2edc259e603e1dba9e1a455.png

The K Bank Mastercard is not a credit card.

Neither is the shopping card a credit card as such . But K Bank have a "shopping card", available online. It is a fictitious card...you just have 16 numbers, and use the numbers to but online in the same way as a credit card. Payment is immediately debited from you account.

Neither is the shopping card a credit card as such . But K Bank have a "shopping card", available online. It is a fictitious card...you just have 16 numbers, and use the numbers to but online in the same way as a credit card. Payment is immediately debited from you account.

I would prefer to have a debit card.

Always remember my first credit card at 18 y/o. It was a flip between Access and Barclaycard and chose Access. Without a little self discipline I can imagine a great deal of damage being done ...

Always remember my first credit card at 18 y/o. It was a flip between Access and Barclaycard and chose Access. Without a little self discipline I can imagine a great deal of damage being done ...

My son had one. Cost me 6 grand to pay off his debt. I found out later that I shouldn't have bothered.

My son had one. Cost me 6 grand to pay off his debt. I found out later that I shouldn't have bothered.

A few years later I ended up with a TSB Trustcard. I always paid the balance off every month thus no interest charges but they gradually bumped up my credit limit to 20k pounds

In 2008 in Perth WA I used my debit card (Kasikorn Bank - Visa) as a credit card to pay my hotel bill. They wouldn't accept it as a debit card but it was accepted as a credit card.

Do Bangkok Bank have a "shopping card"?
I have a Bangkok Bank Debit Card that allows me to shop on the Internet, book accommodation etc., both within Thailand and Overseas. I guess this is the replacement card for the debit card I already have.

With Kasikorn ?

With Kasikorn you may have a debit card, credit card, ATM card and shopping card. Although I've heard the requirements for the credit card are somewhat onerous.

Once debit cards were introduced, I've never seen the need for a credit card.

Use of a debit card intrinsically assumes monies available. Otherwise credit is required

Back