Breaking News: No charges will be filed against...

Coffee

You chose a custom title
...the driver.20180426_144847.jpg 20180426_144857.jpgOf the three persons hospitalized after being impacted by the tonne totes of rice none were wearing helmets at the time of impact.

No charges - you are joking. Insecure load, driving without due care and attention, exceeding the speed limit for cornering etc, etc.

No charges - you are joking. Insecure load, driving without due care and attention, exceeding the speed limit for cornering etc, etc.

Do we know the above facts to be true? Insecure load yes, but drivers responsibility? Probably not. Contributory negligence from the motorcycle riders with no helmets -if indeed true .(more than likely...50% don't wear helmets in Isaan)

Do we know the above facts to be true? Insecure load yes, but drivers responsibility? Probably not. Contributory negligence from the motorcycle riders with no helmets -if indeed true .(more than likely...50% don't wear helmets in Isaan)

Here is some good news. While in Mukdahan I cam accross this event. Every and I mean every motorcyclist was being stopped and fined for not where a helmet and it was done riight in the middle of town next to the night market. I took these shots.
upload_2018-4-28_0-4-31.png
upload_2018-4-28_0-5-22.png
The shots were a bit candid as I thought the BIB would not be happy me taking the shots I was proved wrong as the the big boss came over to me to explain what was going on. I did tell him I appreciated his efforts. His parting comment to me was. The fools just don't realise how dangerous it is. The sign says Were serious will will book you, wear a safety hat. The population just seemed oblivious there was 20 in the queue in just the short time I was standing there.

Here is some good news. While in Mukdahan I cam accross this event. Every and I mean every motorcyclist was being stopped and fined for not where a helmet and it was done riight in the middle of town next to the night market. I took these shots.
View attachment 21350
View attachment 21351
The shots were a bit candid as I thought the BIB would not be happy me taking the shots I was proved wrong as the the big boss came over to me to explain what was going on. I did tell him I appreciated his efforts. His parting comment to me was. The fools just don't realise how dangerous it is. The sign says Were serious will will book you, wear a safety hat. The population just seemed oblivious there was 20 in the queue in just the short time I was standing there.

In therory, excellent, but if they were only fined the usual 100/200baht, the whole exercise will have been pointless. 5,000baht would make them think twice.

Back