Buffalo Racing Festival - Oct 4-10 - Chonburi

Discussion in 'Thailands events and festivals' started by Cent, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

[​IMG]

Buffalo Racing Festival

This year’s annual Buffalo Racing Festival (038-428-750, www.tourismthailand.org) in Chonburi province will be held from Oct 4-10, with the race itself taking place on Oct 7 in front of the Chonburi Town Hall. If speeding buffaloes aren’t your thing, the event will also feature fun contests to find the healthiest buffalo in the heard and best buffalo decorations. A food fair will also provide some non-buffalo-related entertainment.
    - See more at: http://bk.asia-city.com/travel/news/top-events-around-thailand-october-november#sthash.4AIXo5cl.dpuf

2. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Plenty of buffaloes (often over-decorated though not so speedy) in Pattaya at the moment. No need to drive to Chonburi.

(Actually going to sunny Hobart from 5-30 October so I will have to give this one a miss ... again .... thank goodness!)

3. Surin

Surin Surin Legend

Have a nice trip Bill..ice should be starting to melt on the streets by then.

AussieBill likes this.
  4. Surin

Surin Surin Legend

We have camel races in Australia, Cent..I was given a tip on one once. Number 8 in the 8th race and had drawn wide at barrier 8...the trainer was happy with that position out wide. In the betting, I got 8 to 1 odds.

Bastard of a thing ran 8th.

AussieBill and Cent like this.
  5. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

The temperature reached 28 degrees a few days' ago. That should have melted the (imagined by Queenslanders) ice.

New | Recent