Car bomb check in Makro

At least they're not checking any vehicles exiting. ;)

(At least not yet.)

Any evidence that there are actually any car bombs, or is this just a rumour? Quite right for the BIB to check it, though.

Yorky didn't write BIB but he did write cars.

I hope they're taking a look-see at moto-cys which have been used quite frequently in the past...(possibly not at a Makro store). :rolleyes:

Any evidence that there are actually any car bombs, or is this just a rumour? Quite right for the BIB to check it, though.

I remember George Patton as a parking lot attendant at Makro back in 2006 and 07.:eek: The lot that Makro has know could not ID a tampon string hanging.:eek::p:rolleyes: By my contacts this is nation wide doing of Makro. Buriram and Chiang Mai have confirmed. Yorky thinks for bring this to our attention. IMHO this is a PR attempt by Makro OR they have been giving a heads up by higher authority. Personally I say its both BUT I tend to lean that they were tipped off. I have said it once and I'll say it again this shit is not over. SO KEEPS YOUR HEAD DOWN AND YOUR ASS UP.;)

Prince Akishino's Thailand visit cancelled

Prince Akishino, the younger son of Japanese Emperor Akihito, will not visit Thailand this week as was scheduled, the Imperial Household Agency announced Monday in the wake of a series of bomb blasts last week that left more than four people dead and more than 30 injured.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1062285/prince-akishinos-thailand-visit-cancelled

Put this in your pipe TAT.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Singapore to beef up security measures after Thai bombings
  • 15 Aug 2016 at 17:15 2,877 viewedTODAY
c1_1062273_620x413.jpg

A security guard checks a commuter's bag at a security checkpoint at the entrance of a BTS station on Monday. Singapore steps up security measures after the blasts in Thailand. (EPA photo)

Singapore will continue to step up security arrangements in the wake of the recent string of bombings in Thailand, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asi...beef-up-security-measures-after-thai-bombings

Singapore to beef up security measures after Thai bombings
  • 15 Aug 2016 at 17:15 2,877 viewedTODAY
c1_1062273_620x413.jpg

A security guard checks a commuter's bag at a security checkpoint at the entrance of a BTS station on Monday. Singapore steps up security measures after the blasts in Thailand. (EPA photo)

Singapore will continue to step up security arrangements in the wake of the recent string of bombings in Thailand, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asi...beef-up-security-measures-after-thai-bombings

Singapore knows something.:eek:

There are two different things covered here.

1. Foreign countries always take internal disorders more seriously, and Japan and Singapore's reactions are nothing out of the ordinary.

2. The Makro searches could equally well be the result of one prank telephone call which, under current conditions, quite rightly had to be taken seriously.

There are two different things covered here.

1. Foreign countries always take internal disorders more seriously, and Japan and Singapore's reactions are nothing out of the ordinary.

2. The Makro searches could equally well be the result of one prank telephone call which, under current conditions, quite rightly had to be taken seriously.
Agree with #1 but not so sure about #2. More likely firm intelligence or a specific threat to do harm.

Back