Clothes line bracket.

Seriously, I almost lost my sh*t trying to explain this simple bracket to mount a retractable clothes line at the Stainless shop.

I find that Thais tend to express length in centimeters not millimeters (I was taught millimetres). Perhaps your wife could write the Thai alongside the English or even instead of the English?

I also have found that it's better not to tell them what the item is to be used for. Saves them having ideas of their own.

[Edit - #1]

Last edited:
I find that Thais tend to express length in centimeters not millimeters (I was taught millimetres). Perhaps your wife could write the Thai alongside the English or even instead of the English?
Thats true mate so, I produced a tape measure and----success, 1/4 of the price the buccaneers in Patts wanted--farrang price.

I also have found that it's better not to tell them what the item is to be used for. Saves them having ideas of their own.

[Edit - #1]
Well that's bull shite. Right there. They always use mili meters. Thinking for a moment, the only time I ever hear Thais talk in cm is to express height of people.

Well that's bull shite. Right there. They always use mili meters. Thinking for a moment, the only time I ever hear Thais talk in cm is to express height of people.

I haven't come across a Thai yet who expresses length in millimetres. My wife doesn't and none of the crew that build my house did, the architect included.

Bracket sorted for ฿500-฿2,500 asked for in Patts.

Today in That Watsadu

I wanted 4 x 40mm long x 5mm diameter bolts with nuts and washers. They had 4" long x 1/4" diameter bolts with nuts (which were adequate) but not a 1/4" washer in the place!

Mailbox bolts.jpg

I installed this new post box (what the bolts in #12 were for). Would you believe it took me half an hour? On my own I couldn't reach both ends of the bolts and I kept dropping washers (which obviously bounced further than I could reach whilst still hold of the box. Also the access hole was only just big enough for my hand (bad planning). Twenty years, even ten years ago, I would have had it up in 5 minutes.

Postbox f s.jpg

Postbox r s.jpg

Back