Covid-19 ........ Shopping in Surin

Because it does not belong to the council! Besides, I am not repairing the road, it's the entrance to my drive.

I learnt some years ago that your property ends at the line denoted on your Chanote. Between the line denoted on our Chanote and the road, I had had a ramp built to access the drive. When the contractors dug up the verge in order to install a "drain" on behalf of the owners of the road (the Council in my case), they refused to reinstate my ramp as it was not part of the road and it was installed on council property without the council's clearance.

It cost me ฿3,000.00.

I learnt some years ago that your property ends at the line denoted on your Chanote. Between the line denoted on our Chanote and the road, I had had a ramp built to access the drive. When the contractors dug up the verge in order to install a "drain" on behalf of the owners of the road (the Council in my case), they refused to reinstate my ramp as it was not part of the road and it was installed on council property without the council's clearance.

It cost me ฿3,000.00.
I understand. It is a private road. The council has never repaired any of the road. The original ramp was laid by the property developer and encroached on the road. The ramp has, over time, broken off and left a step-up of about 5 to 7 cm. When reversing in the Nissan Note, this step stops the car and additional acceleration is required to make the car move again. I am smoothing out the ramp to prevent this from happening.

Last edited:
Me wife has returned from Surin. She said very quiet not many people out. She said all of departments inside Marko are open. She said NO police stops or check points on the 214 Kap Choeng to Surin.

Went to Makro Surin today. The electronics and hard ware aisles were definitely closed with special tape. Only food and house hold items were on sale.
Mask usage was compulsory, so 100% adherence was see inside the store. There was a distinct absence of Cambodian customers.
There was the usual as now usual temp checks and hand sanitizer on entry.
One other thing there was none of that carpark cards they hand out. I think that will go by the wayside as did Big C did ages ago. I don't even know why they do it.

Went to Makro Surin today. The electronics and hard ware aisles were definitely closed with special tape. Only food and house hold items were on sale.
Mask usage was compulsory, so 100% adherence was see inside the store. There was a distinct absence of Cambodian customers.
There was the usual as now usual temp checks and hand sanitizer on entry.
One other thing there was none of that carpark cards they hand out. I think that will go by the wayside as did Big C did ages ago. I don't even know why they do it.
What about alcohol?:rolleyes::yum::yum:

Big 'C' Surin have apparently designed some form of "drive through" system for collecting your foodstuffs.

Does anyone know of this?

It cost me ฿3,000.00.

Image.

front wall 2 s boundary.jpg

The latest commodity shortage appears to be eggs.

Purely coincidental but we had some eggs delivered today.

150 quail eggs!

1 s.jpg

Need a few of those to knock up a half decent omelette.

I did not install the ramp, the property developer did when we bought the house. The boundary line on the chanote extends 1 meter from the gate. The drain and water supply both run under the ramp. Further, and to the best of my knowledge, the property developer still owns the road, not the council. All repairs to the road are made by the property developer, not the council. Three or four weeks ago, the property developer repaired a very large hole outside my gate and to the right (facing the house). For the past year, the road and access to our drive had been deteriorating badly. The hole was filled-in and covered with a large slab of concrete. I had hoped the slab would cover the whole entrance to our property, it did not. Therefore, I repaired the other half of the ramp myself. Surprisingly or not, while finishing off this morning, two neigbours congratulated me on my efforts. :D:D:D

test-jpg.33110

Photo courtesy of @Yorky - copy and pasted from #58

Last edited:
I did not install the ramp, the property developer did when we bought the house. The boundary line on the chanote extends 1 meter from the gate. The drain and water supply both run under the ramp. Further, and to the best of my knowledge, the property developer still owns the road, not the council. All repairs to the road are made by the property developer, not the council. Three or four weeks ago, the property developer repaired a very large hole outside my gate and to the right (facing the house). For the past year, the road and access to our drive had been deteriorating badly. The hole was filled-in and covered with a large slab of concrete. I had hoped the slab would cover the whole entrance to our property, it did not. Therefore, I repaired the other half of the ramp myself. Surprisingly or not, while finishing off this morning, two neigbours congratulated me on my efforts. :D:D:D

View attachment 33104

Could you check the size of that photo took me ages to down load it?
Nice job bye the way. What the hell is going on in the background?
Was that one of your daughters applying water to the desert you once called a garden?

Back