Doi Chaang Coffee between Do Home and Lamduan

Occasionally we buy bag or bags of sticky rice at the rice buying and selling complex behind Doi Chang coffee.
My wife went to get the small cup of hot coffee latte, it took a long time for them to make the coffee.
My impression was the coffee was a little overpriced, 80 baht for a small amount, I didn't care for the flavor, I said no more from this coffee shop.
Things may have changed now ?

Occasionally we buy bag or bags of sticky rice at the rice buying and selling complex behind Doi Chang coffee.
My wife went to get the small cup of hot coffee latte, it took a long time for them to make the coffee.
My impression was the coffee was a little overpriced, 80 baht for a small amount, I didn't care for the flavor, I said no more from this coffee shop.
Things may have changed now ?
I never knew that was there. I was getting my beans from a family a friend of mine introduced me to when I was helping him to move some furniture for his bar/restaurant, the Hippy House. Needed my truck to move some stuff from their house to the new place he had opened. Was moving from the old Hippy House to the newer place, now closed. This family had a small coffee shop in their wooden raised home where I was introduced to the Doi Chaang coffees they were selling/making. Dome, the owner of the Hippy House, had tables and chairs and such stored beneath the house. Their home was on the side street that leads to the back entrance to Soi Cola. I was told they had relatives up there in Chang Rai that sent down the beans to them for packaging. Nice people, very friendly and accommodating serving me some free coffee while I waited for my friend and his friends to load the back of my pick-up with said furniture.

I was impressed with the coffee given me and asked them what is was and where I could get some. Well, they had a rack with the bags of beans in there and I bought a couple bags from them and started using it at home.

I will say when they first offered me a cup as I sat on their small deck with a couple tables and chairs I wondered what was taking so long to make a cuppa coffee. I will bet this is the same family where that Doi Chaang shop is now. :) A very slow and particular process I saw when going in later in the shop in their home and watching them make a cup for me where I saw the bags of beans for sale and ended up buying some. I had no idea they had opened a coffee shop where it is now.

This was a couple years before Covid visited us. I found their Doi Chaang coffee beans later on line through Lazada and have been buying it that way since.

Thanks for the info.

I never knew that was there. I was getting my beans from a family a friend of mine introduced me to when I was helping him to move some furniture for his bar/restaurant, the Hippy House. Needed my truck to move some stuff from their house to the new place he had opened. Was moving from the old Hippy House to the newer place, now closed. This family had a small coffee shop in their wooden raised home where I was introduced to the Doi Chaang coffees they were selling/making. Dome, the owner of the Hippy

Good information Cent !

I personally did not go into Doi Chaang coffee on highway 2077 in front of the big commercial rice business.
I do not know what the business association is with Doi Chaang coffee and the Rice business complex.
There has been a large amount of money invested in the rice business fronting the road with many with large artistic elephants dawning the façade, a parking area to park off the highway.
Very attractive complex, and store fronting highway 2077 .

The rice business is where we sold what was left of the previous year's rice crop.

I tried posting a photo from Google maps, no luck ???

Last edited:
Good information Cent !

I personally did not go into Doi Chaang coffee on highway 2077 in front of the big commercial rice business.
I do not know what the business association is with Doi Chaang coffee and the Rice business complex.
There has been a large amount of money invested in the rice business fronting the road with many with large artistic elephants dawning the façade, a parking area to park off the highway.
Very attractive complex, and store fronting highway 2077 .

The rice business is where we sold what was left of the previous year's rice crop.

I tried posting a photo from Google maps, no luck ???
I'd noticed the good-looking elephant frontage of the complex on the 2077 before the road widening started, and had always intended calling there but didn't get around to it.
When the roadworks started, their access was often closed when I went by, but one day I had time to drop in. Unfortunately they were closed - it looked permanent, but they seem to be open again now, so I'll call by soon and review them here.

Back