E Visas to Cambodia

Bear

Surin Legend
I just returned from visit with friends in Bkk & Pattaya.
While there, I learned of the new E- Visa, if you are planning on going to Phnom Penh of some other locations.

I will be flying to Phnom Penh next month, so the timing in finding out about this new service is just right.

As you may know, in the past, you had to join a line to obtain your Visa on arrival and bring photo, fill out appl. on plane and wait a little while for them to process the Visa then pay your fee.

Now all you have to do is to click on the Cambodian E-Visa site
http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

Then follow the simple instructions, scan a copy of photo and pay the U$25 electronically. The Visa approval certificate is then emailed to you and when your plane arrives at Phnom Penh or other locations, you simply bring your passport and Visa certificate and pass right through immigration.

I did mine, yesterday isn about 8 or 9 minutes on line and have my certificate in place, already.

Hope this is helpful to those who may be visiting some of those locations.

I just returned from visit with friends in Bkk & Pattaya.
While there, I learned of the new E- Visa, if you are planning on going to Phnom Penh of some other locations.

I will be flying to Phnom Penh next month, so the timing in finding out about this new service is just right.

As you may know, in the past, you had to join a line to obtain your Visa on arrival and bring photo, fill out appl. on plane and wait a little while for them to process the Visa then pay your fee.

Now all you have to do is to click on the Cambodian E-Visa site
http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

Then follow the simple instructions, scan a copy of photo and pay the U$25 electronically. The Visa approval certificate is then emailed to you and when your plane arrives at Phnom Penh or other locations, you simply bring your passport and Visa certificate and pass right through immigration.

I did mine, yesterday isn about 8 or 9 minutes on line and have my certificate in place, already.

Hope this is helpful to those who may be visiting some of those locations.

The e-visa for Cambodia works if you fly into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, but if you travel overland, you can only exit Thailand with an e-visa through the Poipet and Hat Lek border crossings. You can however return through any border crossing to Thailand

Last edited:
Bear - you need to print 2 copies of the e-visa, cut them to size, and staple in your passport. Immigration will remove one on arrival and the second on departure.

The e-visa for Cambodia works if you fly into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, but if you travel overland, you can only exit Thailand with an e-visa through the Poipet and Hat Lek border crossings. You can however return through any border crossing to Thailand

You're correct. One nice thing about the application is that it shows all the entry/exit points you can use or not use the E-visa.

Back