for 1000/month I get;
3 outside lights during dark part of the day
inside lights
Lakorn machine all day (no, not for me)
1 fridge and 1 fridge/freezer
some charging of mobiles and a laptop
and a handfull of fans working 24/7

430 this month, lowest ever
Are you living in a hobit hole? And I use the word 'living' losely. Even without air con during the winter months we are lucky to get below 3,000 baht per month.

The family bill this month came to a modest 4,310 baht. A big improvement on earlier months, apart from the previous month that was about the same but without running the main air con (broken and subsequently replaced this month).

Are you living in a hobit hole? And I use the word 'living' losely. Even without air con during the winter months we are lucky to get below 3,000 baht per month.

The family bill this month came to a modest 4,310 baht. A big improvement on earlier months, apart from the previous month that was about the same but without running the main air con (broken and subsequently replaced this month).

hobit hole? hardly

we never try saving on electricity - use whatever we fancy - adds up to about 1000/month

but of course - not having the need for aircon helps keeping the bill down
in true Thai style - don't have water heaters either

dunno, never looked into it, but I would assume that most of those 1000/month are
due to the fans and the two cooling devices

but of course - not having the need for aircon helps keeping the bill down
in true Thai style - don't have water heaters either

I could manage without water heaters at this time of year but I couldn't face a cold shower at 0600 in the middle of winter.

I could manage without water heaters at this time of year but I couldn't face a cold shower at 0600 in the middle of winter.
'
right,
when I have to get into real action before lunch; heat a big pot of water on the gas thing
then a huge plastic thing in the tiled bathroom - mix cold and hot water - shower/clean - works OK

no,
never felt the need
I live klong-side, always some movement in the air along the klong- pleasant

@melvin How is your reua hang yao hot rod floating these days ?

Has your shoulder recovered enough to enjoy a day pumping the Chao Phraya ?

@melvin How is your reua hang yao hot rod floating these days ?

Has your shoulder recovered enough to enjoy a day pumping the Chao Phraya ?

hmmm.
hoped you wouldn't ask

it floats,
when I left for Europe the engine was up to Thai Airways Felatio Service, running smooth as silk
came to LoS on the 11th, have been very busy - to be honest - haven't started it yet - doubt it will run smooth now
animals like that should be used twice weekly as a minimum

right shoulder ain't no good, but drive a boat I can

Next bill is about due. Is anyone currently using aircon? It's been so cool(ish) the last month that we haven't turned ours on at all.

Coolish? I don’t know where you're living ... oh, I do. It still seems bloody hot to me but maybe I haven’t acclimatised yet as it’s been only four years

Aircon - everyday, every night. Not so much for temperature control but to reduce the humidity. Like to keep the living and bed rooms around 26 degree C. Aircon off at night after the first couple of hours. Don't expect much change from 4,000 when the bill comes through.

Back