electric bill

Did anyone else have a power outage during the storm in Surin last night? Ours was out for around 3 hours - it was restored around 05:15. Then another 30 minutes or so just before midday.

Did anyone else have a power outage during the storm in Surin last night? Ours was out for around 3 hours - it was restored around 05:15. Then another 30 minutes or so just before midday.
Did you not read @nomad97 's post in the shoutbox?

7,414 baht - down from last month. I am pretty sure I know the reason why. I had the air cons cleaned before the start of the hot weather. Immediatly after cleaning I told my wife they were not cooling properly and to call someone else to clean the air cons. She did not do so. Our usual cleaning man had not been available due to long term sickness. Last week, I finally got her to call the air con men recommended by @Merlin. They arrived and cleaned the air cons - what a difference. So, for the previous few weeks the air cons had been working overtime and not cooling effectively. Why? Apparently, the previous cleaning crew had cut corners and not water washed and cleaned the external compressors. Hence the degraded performance. In the past, I have always walked around when I have had the air cons cleaned, not really checking up on the guys but just observing. However, I have been housebound since the beginning of the year and am unable to get around outside the house. I did not do my usual checks.

I am optimistic that next month will be lower still.

I would be inclined to call in PEA to check the meter. External meters on an outside pole do sometimes get hijacked by tradesmen/workers who link their wires into them to enable them to work elsewhere at your expense
The pump and filtration system on the swimming pool will push up consumption. I did research this a little while ago when I though of putting in a large Koi Carp pond. Running a suitable pump and filters 24/7 will inflate your electric bill.

The pump and filtration system on the swimming pool will push up consumption. I did research this a little while ago when I though of putting in a large Koi Carp pond. Running a suitable pump and filters 24/7 will inflate your electric bill.
The pump/ filtration system does not really consume a massive amount of power as, it only runs twice a day in 4 hour cycles and, being only a 600w pump, as is the house pressure pump, the draw is minimal.
We are getting the aircons serviced tomorrow morning as, I suspect, the unit in the master b/r is a prime suspect.
As I already said, the size of the main living area coupled with the ceiling heights causes the 8kw aircon unit to work extremely hard.

Back