Electric fencing.

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Am looking for a supplier of electric fencing equipment, suitable for cattle.
Preferably in Thailand.
Am specifically looking for this.

fence wire.jpg

My neighbour put up some electric fencing some years back, plugged it into the mains, and killed a few stray/roaming buffalo, before he agreed to disconnect it.

My neighbour put up some electric fencing some years back, plugged it into the mains, and killed a few stray/roaming buffalo, before he agreed to disconnect it.

The problem is some idiots think electric fencing means 220 V AC. Cattle fencing is pulsed High tension between 2000V and 10,000V it is suppose to hurt not kill. If it killed a Buffalo imagine what it could do to a small child or you.

The problem is some idiots think electric fencing means 220 V AC. Cattle fencing is pulsed High tension between 2000V and 10,000V it is suppose to hurt not kill. If it killed a Buffalo imagine what it could do to a small child or you.
available in various input voltages.
6 volt & 12 volt DC and also mains 240v. Not sure about 110v but probably.
6 & 12 volts are for areas without mains Connection but output (shock) would be the same for all. Problem with cattle is the possible wet ground conditions here, it would surely be a potential risk as in UK from my old farming days the cows certainly avoided it when raining.

I'm not a farmer and never have been but don't cows usually lay down just before it starts to rain? Or is that an old wife's tale?
yes you're correct, they do, but if it's already raining when they are turned out onto a fresh strip of grass they are not so keen to get near it, I always used to move the fence without switching off as the shock was bearable when wearing wellington boots but some of the cows were very friendly & I thought I would touch a cow & then the fence, I felt nothing but the poor cow left the ground, I assumed because she was not wearing wellingtons so I touched the ground with one hand whilst holding the fence with the other, I left the ground also. So don't touch it whilst stood barefoot in a rice paddy....

yes you're correct, they do, but if it's already raining when they are turned out onto a fresh strip of grass they are not so keen to get near it, I always used to move the fence without switching off as the shock was bearable when wearing wellington boots but some of the cows were very friendly & I thought I would touch a cow & then the fence, I felt nothing but the poor cow left the ground, I assumed because she was not wearing wellingtons so I touched the ground with one hand whilst holding the fence with the other, I left the ground also. So don't touch it whilst stood barefoot in a rice paddy....

Jasus Robert! The cost of buying the cows wellies must be quite minimal (although they will need a couple more than we do).

Is barbed wire now considered inhumane ?
It's not the preferred fencing for horse lovers but I think that's just to prevent potential scaring of the horse, not inhumane in UK so would not expect it to be inhumane here.

Is barbed wire now considered inhumane ?

No Coffee, It is just sometimes in effective against dumb and ignorant Kwais. You know like the ones you see walking about shopping in Surin.:rolleyes:
There is a Thai saying about. Talking to an ignoramus. It is liking talking to a Buffalo wearing head phones listening to music.

Back