Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

H

humbert

I went to Kap Cheong for my annual Retirement Extension to my visa. This year the process was far more gruesome than last year. I had to supply numerous copies of everything which necessitated running to the copy shop 3 times. Had to furnish a map to my residence. My girlfriend had to supply copies of her Tabian Ban and all of her identity papers. Instead of granting my extension on the spot they gave me an extension until the end of December and said they had to make a routine inspection of my premises in order to determine that I actually live there. Last year it was in and out in 30 minutes with none of the red tape. Is this coming from the new Military government or simply Kap Cheong living up to its poor reputation?

Humbert, I don't think you have been paying attention! Back on 2nd October 2015 I posted the following:

"Ray, I will pay more attention in future.

"I will extend my permission to stay based on retirement" at the beginning of December 2015. My next 90-day report is due on 2nd December and the expiry of my current permission to stay based on retirement expires on 30th December. Last time I did my 90 day report the IO said I could extend my permission to stay the same time I next did my 90 day report. I note that the permission to stay will start from the expiry date of the previous permission to stay and not from the time I do my 90-day report.

In addition to the TM 47 (90 day report) and passport I will take with me:

1. SWMBO to sign the TM 30 and any other forms that are presented to her.

1a. Wife/girlfriend to take copies of her ID card and Tabien Baan.

2. Signed (on each page) bank statement for the previous 12 months.

3. Signed and embossed letter from the Briitish Embassy confirming my annual income is in excess of 800K per year.

4. Signed photocopies of the relevent pages from my passport.

5. Signed photocopy of arrival card.

6. Recent 6 x 4 cm photos of self (mug shot).

7. Signed copy of the Yellow Tabien Baan

8. Signed map of home address.

(Originals plus 1 complete set of photocopies and 2 mug shots.)

I think that will do the job nicely. Have I missed anything?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humbert, the discussion about not getting an extension there and then at KCI has been previously discussed. Since the middle of this year the "permission to stay based on retirement" has been subject to home visits by the Crime Suppression Unit at KCI. They will notify you when they intend to visit your home address and expect to see you, your wife/girlfriend, the Pui Yai Baan and one other person who can confirm you are who you say you are and that you live at that address. After a successful home visit you will be given your extension to stay for a further year, albeit you have to return to KCI to get the stamp in your passport. Hope this helps.

N.B. 1a. Added to original list thanks to Humbert.

Looks like in Kap Choeng, Here quotes from Thaivisa

"Had my trip to Jomtien immigration yesterday to apply for my 1 year retirement extension based on retirement. Was in and out in 20 minutes, had to go back today to collect my passport all stamped up for the year. All told a painless experience. The paperwork I provided is listed below.

Application form TM7
Copies of all relevant passport pages
Copy of my house lease
Copy of my landlords Tabien Baan and ID card
Letter from the bank showing 800k baht seasoned
Copies of bank book pages
Passport sized photograph.

At no point was I asked for a TM30 receipt or asked to fill one out as other posters have indicated. Also there was no "under consideration" period"

These requirements are subject to the whims of the local immigration offices and are subject to change without notice. Bloody Thais love their red tape.

Humbert, I don't think you have been paying attention! Back on 2nd October 2015 I posted the following:

"Ray, I will pay more attention in future.

"I will extend my permission to stay based on retirement" at the beginning of December 2015. My next 90-day report is due on 2nd December and the expiry of my current permission to stay based on retirement expires on 30th December. Last time I did my 90 day report the IO said I could extend my permission to stay the same time I next did my 90 day report. I note that the permission to stay will start from the expiry date of the previous permission to stay and not from the time I do my 90-day report.

In addition to the TM 47 (90 day report) and passport I will take with me:

1. SWMBO to sign the TM 30 and any other forms that are presented to her.

1a. Wife/girlfriend to take copies of her ID card and Tabien Baan.

2. Signed (on each page) bank statement for the previous 12 months.

3. Signed and embossed letter from the Briitish Embassy confirming my annual income is in excess of 800K per year.

4. Signed photocopies of the relevent pages from my passport.

5. Signed photocopy of arrival card.

6. Recent 6 x 4 cm photos of self (mug shot).

7. Signed copy of the Yellow Tabien Baan

8. Signed map of home address.

(Originals plus 1 complete set of photocopies and 2 mug shots.)

I think that will do the job nicely. Have I missed anything?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humbert, the discussion about not getting an extension there and then at KCI has been previously discussed. Since the middle of this year the "permission to stay based on retirement" has been subject to home visits by the Crime Suppression Unit at KCI. They will notify you when they intend to visit your home address and expect to see you, your wife/girlfriend, the Pui Yai Baan and one other person who can confirm you are who you say you are and that you live at that address. After a successful home visit you will be given your extension to stay for a further year, albeit you have to return to KCI to get the stamp in your passport. Hope this helps.

N.B. 1a. Added to original list thanks to Humbert.

Appreciate it. I will have to sternly rebuke my senior VP in charge of reviewing all forum posts pertaining to visa extensions.

I'm off to do mine tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes. By the way my 3 month of seasoning my money started on 6 Aug, will it be ok to do my extension on the 6th Nov? Also, is Friday extra busy. My permission to stay expires on 16 Nov. Thanks to GL in advance.

I'm off to do mine tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes. By the way my 3 month of seasoning my money started on 6 Aug, will it be ok to do my extension on the 6th Nov? Also, is Friday extra busy. My permission to stay expires on 16 Nov. Thanks to GL in advance.

Get your back side in there when it opens. I avoid Mondays, Fridays, before and after a holiday like the plaque. Aside from that pick a day.

The noobs just keep falling off the trees.:p
I'm hardly a 'noob' I worked in Bangkok for 13 years before retiring up here 2 years ago.
Anyway, I've read a few nightmare stories about these KC office home visits from posters on other forums. What they are doing is going way off the ranch.

I'm hardly a 'noob' I worked in Bangkok for 13 years before retiring up here 2 years ago.
Anyway, I've read a few nightmare stories about these KC office home visits from posters on other forums. What they are doing is going way off the ranch.

Udon a few others are doing it.

Unless I've got it wrong, the "Suppression Unit" was set up to combat "flesh peddling" and "illegal immigration". Should that not now be a major problem, i.e. the unit has been successful; then the employees would be redundant. Therefore give them other objectives, however irrelevant. It happens in most countries.

Back a a few weeks ago when Division 1 which is Bangkok got shit in their face over the Bangkok bombing do to bribery at the Aranyaprathet/Poipet Crossing , Division 3 which is in control of that crossing along with 3 other crossing that were closed gave the order to close them. All the headline were reading ALL CAMBODIA and THAI crossings closed. Guess what Chong Chom and Chong Sa Ngom were never affected and it was business as usual.
Not the head office in Bangkok.

Back a a few weeks ago when Division 1 which is Bangkok got shit in their face:fearscream: over the Bangkok bombing do to bribery:imp: at the Aranyaprathet/Poipet Crossing , Division 3 which is in control of that crossing along with 3 other crossing that were closed gave the order to close them. All the headline were reading ALL CAMBODIA and THAI crossings closed. Guess what Chong Chom and Chong Sa Ngom were never affected and it was business as usual These crossing are Division 4. Yea Bangkok did not give orders. :confused:I would like to have some that shyt your smoking.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So this means I cannot go to KC on my own to do my retirement extention anymore ?
I'm due the 18th of march 2016, hopefully these KC follies will be ancient times.

So this means I cannot go to KC on my own to do my retirement extention anymore ?
I'm due the 18th of march 2016, hopefully these KC follies will be ancient times.

It would be nice but don't bet on it. Every now and then someone gets lucky and drops through the crack.:D

Back