FARANG LIVES MATTER

He still can, if he takes his income source documents to Immigration, it's something I have always done.

This post is misleading and is not what I think Nomad intended. He will obviously correct me if he disagrees.

For Wanderer's benefit he CANNOT take his UK income documents to Immigration and expect them accept this as evidence of meeting extension income requirements.

Nobody can satisfy the criteria unless the required monthly amount has been paid every month into a Thai bank account. - and supported by bank letter and certified statements. (Or am embassy letter if your home country still provides that service.

Any income source documents are supplementary and unnecessary (but I always take mine out of habit).

Nobody can satisfy the criteria unless the required monthly amount has been paid every month into a Thai bank account. - and supported by bank letter and certified statements. (Or am embassy letter if your home country still provides that service.

Or just deposit the ฿400,000.00/฿800,000.00 in a Thai bank account and from then on it's a piece o' pish.

To answer your first point, no, I did not say nor imply, that Immigration did not need to see evidence of monthly income. Previously, I have made it very clear that Immigration did need to see monthly income for each and every month of the year. In my own case, I submit a full spreadsheet, broken down with monthly totals, the source of which is Transferwise. I do this because I have 3 sources of UK income (pensions) that are payable at different times of the month. I can, and do, transfer these payments as and when I feel the bank rate is looking good. Secondly, this breakdown is fully supported by a 12-month Thai bank statement. I highlight the monthly transfers that correspond exactly to the first spreadsheet. The only difference, the Thai bank statement does not show the total sum transferred each month. Finally, I prepare the third spreadsheet, that totals my 3 pensionable incomes, supported by the annual statements provided by the pension providers, that shows my total UK income for the year. This effectively is the same information, with supporting documents, that the letter of income from the embassy provided. I successfully used this format to substantiate my monthly income some 12 months ago and intend to do so again this year.
I shall be doing very similar - the biggest potential clanger is that I have been transferring into account in my wife's name rather than mine.
It hadn't mattered a damn for the many years of 1-year multi-entry non-imm O visa.
Negotiations will no doubt happen.
I will report back on options I managed to negotiate, or didn't.

Last edited:
Hits the nail right on the head thanks Ray,
Exactly where I'm at - sweetness and light approach asking help as to how to sort things out now so that everything can be in full order sometime during next year.
"Sweetness and light approach..."
I believe @Rice has a Powerpoint presentation that you can use. :tonguewink: lol

Just kidding, Rice.:tearsofjoy:

Another interesting "Farang" situation today.
Went to Bangkok Bank main Surin branch to get another ATM card for my account.
It took forever, mostly because the central input system wouldn't easily accept some aspects of information once it logged me as a foreigner.
Passport - as one example it wouldn't accept HMPO (her majesty's passport office) - or apparently London or 2017, for when and where it was issued - not sure how they got round that. 3 people were making inputs and near the end, putting in "retired", and then "funds from UK", triggered questions which somebody senior had to ask, as to whether I had family in UK or Thailand, or in any other country, involved in politics. The word "cousin" was being used.
I can only assume it is paranoia associated with stories of funding for the young peoples' protests being supplied from abroad by Westerners, particularly USA. But clearly the bank's computer programme has been "adjusted".
As it happens I don't have any political links at all, and there was eventually no problem in getting the additional card.
But it makes you think.

Another interesting "Farang" situation today.
Went to Bangkok Bank main Surin branch to get another ATM card for my account.
It took forever, mostly because the central input system wouldn't easily accept some aspects of information once it logged me as a foreigner.
Passport - as one example it wouldn't accept HMPO (her majesty's passport office) - or apparently London or 2017, for when and where it was issued - not sure how they got round that. 3 people were making inputs and near the end, putting in "retired", and then "funds from UK", triggered questions which somebody senior had to ask, as to whether I had family in UK or Thailand, or in any other country, involved in politics. The word "cousin" was being used.
I can only assume it is paranoia associated with stories of funding for the young peoples' protests being supplied from abroad by Westerners, particularly USA. But clearly the bank's computer programme has been "adjusted".
As it happens I don't have any political links at all, and there was eventually no problem in getting the additional card.
But it makes you think.

Simple question @Wanderer . Does the Thai bank have your Taxpayer Identification number or associated Revenue Service ID number ?

Simple question @Wanderer . Does the Thai bank have your Taxpayer Identification number or associated Revenue Service ID number ?
No and who??

Just home addresses, passport details, and general info as to why I am wonderful to have as a customer.

Anything else they could perhaps have from other well known sources, such as via members of the Trump International surveillance and fairytale network

But it makes you think.

So was this the humour section for American cousins or just associated "but makes you think" stories ?

Americans must provide by law "FINCEN/ FBAR" information on their accounts held in foreign nations predominently for tax revenue oversight

Back