Foriegn land ownership

If it should remarkably become law, its a bit too late for most of us!

My first Thai wife, back in 1987 when we first had a house, was unable to have it in her name. Laws then forbade wives of farangs owning property. It had to be bought in her Father's name. To safeguard things I had my name added to the chanote as Mortgagor. When the marriage went tits up, neither she nor her father could sell until they had settled with me!::smile::

If it should remarkably become law, its a bit too late for most of us!

My first Thai wife, back in 1987 when we first had a house, was unable to have it in her name. Laws then forbade wives of farangs owning property. It had to be bought in her Father's name. To safeguard things I had my name added to the chanote as Mortgagor. When the marriage went tits up, neither she nor her father could sell until they had settled with me!::smile::
Yes mate, it's a mine field. It has a snowballs chance in hell of becomming law--we all know that.

1 rai of land ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; They stick that where the moon don't shine. In the USofA any body with;;money;;;;money;;;;money;;;;money;;;;money;;;;money;; can buy.
Mate, at the moment, we are going through the hoops, swings and slides of securing our assets against hoarders/ raiders in the worst case scenario.
All our assets, outside Pat's maiden name, financed by me, are the issue.
We have a legal firm, experianced in this conundrum, working on cementing this.
Our girls welfare, is tantamount, as, is my long term ability to retain overall steward ship.

Last edited:
Back