Gecko Killed my Aircon

Bandersnatch

Surin Solar Legend
IMG_1140.jpeg

Circuit board on the compressor of my 8,500 BTU Daikin AirCon was short-circuited and I’ve been told by the family’s recommended aircon service guys that a new board direct from Daikin is ฿6,500.

Lazada has boards starting from ฿2,000 but I have yet to discover the part number of my board - none of the numbers on the board are the part number!

I have emailed Daikin directly about the cost of a replacement board, just in case the price the service guy quoted was …….

Aircon is nearly 4 years old. Will clean the board up and try reinstalling. If that fails will be looking at a new aircon anybody have any recommendations for 12,000 BTU or smaller?

Same thing happened to my aircon. A fried gecko on the circuit board. The cost of the replacement circuit board was expensive and not cost effective for a 5 year old aircon. I bought a 9,000 BTU Samsung and I am absolutely delighted with it.

See #1

It also comes with a self cleaning heat exchanger that seems to work very well.

I had the same thing, it zapped in the air con a couple of times and I thought it was a short. Had the guys come out and three eggs and a dead gecko inside.
The five year old Samsung had a new control panel that afternoon. These guys come clean the air cons twice a year 450 a pop.

I figure the savings on electricity and repairs make it worthwhile. I clean the filters every month but there is a marked difference after they are cleaned.

I had the same thing, it zapped in the air con a couple of times and I thought it was a short. Had the guys come out and three eggs and a dead gecko inside.
The five year old Samsung had a new control panel that afternoon. These guys come clean the air cons twice a year 450 a pop.

I figure the savings on electricity and repairs make it worthwhile. I clean the filters every month but there is a marked difference after they are cleaned.
I share your sentiments about cleaning the air cons twice a year as being well worth the cost. We usually pay 400 baht per aircon. There is a marked difference in cooling after they have been cleaned. However, the Chief Engineer who I live with has different ideas on the subject. Convincing her that it is time to call the air con engineers to come and clean the air cons is another matter. o_O:oops:o_O

I share your sentiments about cleaning the air cons twice a year as being well worth the cost. We usually pay 400 baht per aircon. There is a marked difference in cooling after they have been cleaned. However, the Chief Engineer who I live with has different ideas on the subject. Convincing her that it is time to call the air con engineers to come and clean the air cons is another matter. o_O:oops:o_O
You are correct there mate, on all counts, mechanical principals and aptitude are NOT part of the Thai DNA.

Thats where kids come in useful

View attachment 64494

Circuit board on the compressor of my 8,500 BTU Daikin AirCon was short-circuited and I’ve been told by the family’s recommended aircon service guys that a new board direct from Daikin is ฿6,500.

Lazada has boards starting from ฿2,000 but I have yet to discover the part number of my board - none of the numbers on the board are the part number!

I have emailed Daikin directly about the cost of a replacement board, just in case the price the service guy quoted was …….

Aircon is nearly 4 years old. Will clean the board up and try reinstalling. If that fails will be looking at a new aircon anybody have any recommendations for 12,000 BTU or smaller?
Had the same happen to me before. As well as ant nests doing the same damage.

Aircon update. I cleaned the circuit board and reinstalled- no joy.

Today visits to PowerBuy, HomePro, ThaiWasadu, DuHome to scope out deals.

Decided to go for a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries non inverter model - will use more power but we have free electricity from solar. It has no circuit board in the outdoor unit Compressor unit which is the big plus. It is self cleaning- so will try that out.

9,175 BTU ฿13,990 installed from DuHome

IMG_1188.jpeg

Aircon update. I cleaned the circuit board and reinstalled- no joy.

Today visits to PowerBuy, HomePro, ThaiWasadu, DuHome to scope out deals.

Decided to go for a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries non inverter model - will use more power but we have free electricity from solar. It has no circuit board in the outdoor unit Compressor unit which is the big plus. It is self cleaning- so will try that out.

9,175 BTU ฿13,990 installed from DuHome

View attachment 64569

Any Gecko that spreads its legs across that capacitor is gonna get a hot arse ////ha ha​

Back