Getting Internet Around Prasat

F

fulhamster

A friend is in the process of having a house built about 10km south of Prasat.
What are his options for getting linked up to the internet/wifi ?
He has contacted 3BB, but do True offer a better service ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

10 km south of Prasat could be considered in the midddle of nowhere. What services are available is anyone's guess. I suspect it will be more a case of who provides a service and I doubt that there will be any choice. I have a friend who lives 10 km north of Prasat, about a km off the main road between Prasat and Surin. He's been living there for 8 years and only got an internet connection this year. Pretty sure it was 3BB. Sorry, but your friend will have to do some leg work and ask around of the major broadband suppliers.

sorry, i cannot comment on Prassat, however we are at the other end of the Prassat road and have True at home which is #+@!.

we have 3BB wifi FREE to our customers in our restaurant, Srisuk, and it is far superior.

to help you, if you have 3BB in the area go for it is my experience, i am looking to change from true to 3BB at home.

A friend is in the process of having a house built about 10km south of Prasat.
What are his options for getting linked up to the internet/wifi ?
He has contacted 3BB, but do True offer a better service ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm in Kap Choeng about 27 km south of Prasat. That puts your friend closer by 10 km to Prasat. We have both 3BB fiber and TOT fiber.Im on TOT fiber. Have not heard or seen anything about True coming this way. You need to contact them. BTW I was in the new Tesco this morning in Prasat and upstairs there is a new True Office.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with True Online - very reliable and pretty constant.

I live in Surin City and have a DOCSIS cable connection. It also carries a free 100+ channel TV and a telephone connection too. Often get far in excess of the shown connection speeds.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with True Online - very reliable and pretty constant.

I live in Surin City and have a DOCSIS cable connection. It also carries a free 100+ channel TV and a telephone connection too. Often get far in excess of the shown connection speeds.

Not sure its available in the Prasat area yet. The op needs his friend to go and ask at the new True Office in the new Tesco and ask about TOT at the TOT office in Prasat. As I said its has not been offered yet down my way and 3BB and TOT fiber goes all the way to the Chong Chom. My TOT fiber is 20mb/7mb with TOT iptv is 799 per month. 2000 baht installation which was 300 meters of fiber. I have NO complaint.

Last edited:
Kap Cheung has always been ahead re IT because of the necessary border security. I assisted setting up a WiFi system in the local police station and that must have been some 7 years ago!!!!

Not sure its available in the Prasat area yet. The op needs his friend to go and ask at the new True Office in the new Tesco and ask about TOT at the TOT office in Prasat. As I said its has not been offered yet down my way and 3BB and TOT fiber goes all the way to the Chong Chom. My TOT fiber is 20mb/7mb with TOT iptv is 799 per month. 2000 baht installation which was 300 meters of fiber. I have NO complaint.

Many thanks for all this info, have passed it on.
My friend will be visiting the True office at Tesco today

Many thanks for all this info, have passed it on.
My friend will be visiting the True office at Tesco today

There were reports some time back that CAT had installed some fiber in Prasat proper. As I said Im down the 214 abut 27 km from Prasat and have TOT fiber. If he can not get True and do not thank they have gotten into the are yet his best option is to tag up with 3BB or TOT.

Back