Great Thai restaurant in Prasat

adam

Surin relic
Been to this restaurant many times, the food is always really good. Don't know the name though.

If you are coming from Surin, go through Prasat to the traffic lights at the crossroads and turn right as if going to Prakhonchai.

About half a mile down that road is a petrol station and that is where the restaurant is, on the left of the petrol station entrance.

Fish, pork, chicken, whatever your favourite thai food is they have it, my personal favourite is a seafood yellow curry, aroi mak mak!!

Who would have thought it a good Thai restaurant in Thailand haha!

Although the worst Chinese meal I ever had was in Shanghai, so there you go!

On the left, I forget the company (I'm out of the country at the moment so I can't check), I think it is the one with the red and green sign????:confused:

WTF1Must be a Khmer Operation to be making good Farang tasting Thai Food ..... in a "petrol station"... yikes don't be turning on your cellphones while eating Tom Yam Kai.....WTF1Busted1 BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOOM.....

I finally tried this restaurant yesterday and the food was quite good. They also sold beer which was surprising since it's next to a petrol station parking lot. The name of the restaurant is Diamond.

I finally tried this restaurant yesterday and the food was quite good. They also sold beer which was surprising since it's next to a petrol station parking lot. The name of the restaurant is Diamond.

As long as its NOT on the same property its OK.

On the left, I forget the company (I'm out of the country at the moment so I can't check), I think it is the one with the red and green sign????:confused:

Yes, it's the PTT station.

From Prasat on the 24 it's about 100 yards past the first petrol station on the left.

We ate in the "diamond" restaurant, food was good. plenty of flies though, despite the fans.

yes, it's the ptt station.

From prasat on the 24 it's about 100 yards past the first petrol station on the left.

We ate in the "diamond" restaurant, food was good. Plenty of flies though, despite the fans.

gps 14.6291067, 103.4032288

Last edited:
Been to this restaurant many times, the food is always really good. Don't know the name though.

If you are coming from Surin, go through Prasat to the traffic lights at the crossroads and turn right as if going to Prakhonchai.

About half a mile down that road is a petrol station and that is where the restaurant is, on the left of the petrol station entrance.

Fish, pork, chicken, whatever your favourite thai food is they have it, my personal favourite is a seafood yellow curry, aroi mak mak!!

Who would have thought it a good Thai restaurant in Thailand haha!

Although the worst Chinese meal I ever had was in Shanghai, so there you go!

This place is run/owned by an old friend of my Sis-in-Law (Fon) who cooks in Starbeam's with my wife. Good Thai food. Good people running the restaurant.

Last edited:
This place is run/owned by an old friend of my Sis-in-Law (Fon) who cooks in Starbeam's with my wife. Good Thai food. Good people running the restaurant.

Yes the staff were very friendly and looked after my 8-year old.

We had some great Thai food, no idea of individual prices (not on menu) but reasonable for what we had.

Yes the staff were very friendly and looked after my 8-year old.

We had some great Thai food, no idea of individual prices (not on menu) but reasonable for what we had.

Restaurants that do not show prices on their menu is very off-putting, especially for new customers. Why not show them? Is it so difficult?

It's like the dozens of roadside shops selling fruit with no prices. I'd rather not stop than be quoted 60baht for a 25baht water melon, and have to say "mai ow krap -fcuking pang"!

In the long run, they are doing themselves a mis-service.

Back