Heated swimming pool, exercise and therapy

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Any Forum members or Gusts have any knowledge of any heated swimming pools a person can go use for a nominal fee in the Surin area ?

Maybe you'll have to make a trip up to Chiang Mai to the Hot Springs, they have a very nice heated pool. It's great for therapy and get your bones loose and working again !
To tell the truth I've never been a fan of highly heated spas and Jacuzzis etc. And I cannot stand saunas at all. :) A hot shower does me fine. LOL

"Is it still open?"

I don't know.

"Used to go to the left of TT hotel but no idea how to get to the entrance now??"

I believe you can either drive around to the right (south) of the Thong Tarin to get around the back or drive east past the Tawang Daeng and turn left into a side street. Last time I was there we were playing snooker in the room underneath Rose Queen but it was midday/early afternoon.

thong tarin snooker.jpg

Me too. But it was a nice thought.
I haven't been in there for many years. 10? 15? At least. The Rose Queen. Used to bring visiting friends there so they could avoid the agogos and the dodgy rip off sing-a-song places and get what they needed no muss or fuss. Never used the place myself. They had a 3-tier pricing system back then. The older middle aged granny types, the mid-range average lookers, and the 'Japanese' style (as they were called) young lookers at the high end. Basically you'd stop in and take a seat/table in the 'viewing' lounge, have a drink and peruse your choices after getting the menu options/prices. Was very civilized I guess you'd say. Safe, and you'd get what you paid for according to my friends I brought there. I heard long ago you could have your choice sent up to your room, but only on certain floors of the hotel. I've known expats here who swore by it and were once a month participant's.

There was also another hotel that had a 'massage' parlor, (forget the name now), and a pool hall/tables around a back entrance by the rear parking lot. Went a couple times with friends and thought it a pretty drab place with some dreary choices for temporary companionship. There're probably others around but if so I've no idea where they are.

Back