Hiring a native English tutor can be fraught with peril.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
The cheek of it, the dirty, sadistic, pervert was using a stolen/forged British Passport to hide his true identity.

Hiring a teacher

I cant see that there is any peril in hiring a teacher if all the checks are carried out correctly and throughly, this individual would have been identified quickly and prevented from teaching its not hard for a school or agency yes even in Thailand to do CRB check from country of origin, Interpoll check then a degree check from the university of origin and check able creditable references the problem is this takes time costs money ect, and most of these agencies just want there % for supplying teachers, what needs to be improved is the screening process prior to employment, iam pleased they caught this vile individual i hope the full force of the law is applied to him

At least it appears he has not preyed on his students. If that, at all is a grace. I hope he gets to spend time in a Thai jail first for his crimes here.

A Criminal history search should be required for any teachers in my opinion. At least it would of had an immediate impact as The British embassy would of been alerted to the forgery immediately.

At least it appears he has not preyed on his students. If that, at all is a grace. I hope he gets to spend time in a Thai jail first for his crimes here.

A Criminal history search should be required for any teachers in my opinion. At least it would of had an immediate impact as The British embassy would of been alerted to the forgery immediately.
They usually do, Rice. There was an African guy got done for "fiddling" with students a year ago. He spent about 2 months in Thai prison , Sentenced here, deported to spend the SAME term in a prison in his native land ( which was probably at least as bad as a Thai prison)
Strange thing is the 2 mods/admins of another local forum were trying to find out about him and/or make contact AND neither are teachers. Couldn't get my head around that one??????

Back