HMPO, Liverpool

"If you are not available to collect your passport on 14.00 - 15.00 hours. You can come to collect your passport prior to our collection time."

That is quite clear to me... OK to collect between 08:30 and 11:00 and 13:00 and 15:00. Our girl in Bangkok often collects in the morning, although she is well known to them

That is quite clear to me... OK to collect between 08:30 and 11:00 and 13:00 and 15:00. Our girl in Bangkok often collects in the morning, although she is well known to them

So why don't they just say that? Instead of trying to complicate matters?

"Bangkok HMPO <BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com> Mon, Jan 9, 12:05 PM
We are open from Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) from 14:00-15:00 hours."

Last edited:
So why don't they just say that? Instead of trying to complicate matters?

"Bangkok HMPO <BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com> Mon, Jan 9, 12:05 PM
We are open from Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) from 14:00-15:00 hours."

HMPO, Liverpool and VFS/VAC Bangkok have been a pain in my arse for 14 months. I want all the t's crossed and all the i's dotted. Getting my own back you could say.

I am not sure they are the ones complicating matters!! :grinning:

a) they "lost" my original complaint
b) they wanted the return of the erroneous passport to be destroyed prior to issuing a replacement (in conflict with Home Office guidelines)
c) they wanted the original of my birth certificate (for my eighth passport)
d) they wanted my marriage certificate
e) they wanted a letter from a Thai authority to confirm that I was required to be in possession of my passport at all times
f) they would not consider issuing a replacement passport unless I gave them the original application number (a number that only HMPO knew)

I didn't provide any of the items b) to f) yet they still issued a replacement passport, albeit 10 months after I raised the initial complaint.

Anyway, it's under review by IEC currently.

HMPO, Liverpool and VFS/VAC Bangkok have been a pain in my arse for 14 months. I want all the t's crossed and all the i's dotted. Getting my own back you could say.

Now two weeks on, Yorky - have you received your new passport ?

Now two weeks on, Yorky - have you received your new passport ?

Nope. It's still in VFS/VAC offices in Bangkok (they told me on 9th January 2023 that they must return it to Liverpool if it's not collected within 30 days).

The issue is currently still under review by IEC.

Last edited:
I've been waiting since September 2022 for HMPO to reimburse postal charges incurred in August 2022. The amount is just over 10 quid.
I am now resided to the fact that they will do nothing so re-registered with Skype, put some cash into the account ands will try yet again to phone them next week. Don't hold yer breath!!!!!

I am now resided to the fact that they will do nothing so re-registered with Skype, put some cash into the account ands will try yet again to phone them next week. Don't hold yer breath!!!!!

Of course, the 10 quid is of little concern and I only applied for it to "test the water" for reimbursment of future monies will will be substantially more. I have used this as an example of their incompetence/indifference in my submission to IEC.

Of course, the 10 quid is of little concern and I only applied for it to "test the water" for reimbursment of future monies will will be substantially more. I have used this as an example of their incompetence/indifference in my submission to IEC.
Went on thier online site today that informed me that I am likely to get a reply to my 31st Jan letter on 31st October!!!!!
They are currently working on stuff received on 22nd August 2022! WTF!!!!!

Under duress, I arranged for my wife to collect the replacement passport from VFS/VAC, Bangkok this morning.

The current (erroneous one) has been unilaterally cancelled by HMPO, Liverpool and the Head of Customer Service Management Team has threatened to have the replacement passport destroyed. I was left with no choice as my application to renew my extension of stay in due before 6th June 2023.

However, the complaint is still being reviewed by IEC (Independent Examiner of Complaints) so we shall no doubt see.

Under duress, I arranged for my wife to collect the replacement passport from VFS/VAC, Bangkok this morning.

The current (erroneous one) has been unilaterally cancelled by HMPO, Liverpool and the Head of Customer Service Management Team has threatened to have the replacement passport destroyed. I was left with no choice as my application to renew my extension of stay in due before 6th June 2023.

However, the complaint is still being reviewed by IEC (Independent Examiner of Complaints) so we shall no doubt see.

"A hungry gorilla!" What us expats used to say in the sandbox. Or, more correctly,

Alhamdulillah - Wikipedia

Alhamdulillah (Arabic: ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ, al-Ḥamdu lillāh) is an Arabic phrase meaning "praise be to God", sometimes translated as "thank God". Common sense has finally prevailed.

Yorky, are you now unable to travel...or just consider it simply an inconvenience on your part ?

I have been unable to travel since HMPO, Liverpool unilaterally cancelled my passport with the error three weeks ago (maybe because of the error I couldn't have travelled before but I'll never know). My wife now has both the erroneous passport and the new one so once the immigration data has been transferred (later this week), I shall then be permitted to travel.

[Edit: My email to IEC this afternoon: "Further to my email of May 19th, my wife collected the two passports this morning and did not relinquish the passport with the error. She will be on her way back home shortly and I shall now be able to apply for a further year's extension of stay in Thailand. This does not mean that I will not continue to pursue the complaint and I shall with the utmost conviction."]

Last edited:
Back