I JUST CAN'T GET OVER HOW DUMB AS DOG SH*T THAIS ARE.

FERRET

WELL WORN MEMBER
We, in recent weeks, have had 3 power outages, due to lunacy and typical Thainess- you get that.
Our viliage, bar myself and a single Enlglish lad, are ran*ting and raving about no water during the power outages---DER dickheads-f&ckwits.
Our system, is vertually the same as any other in this f*cked up dream time, all our primary water supply is a dribble fed from a supply main, into a 2000 + <
tank and then pump fed @ 35 kpa into the house ring main.
OK, when or if, we loose power, the pump fails to operate***** no shit Sherlock- no f*cking power or water--WOW ROCKET SCEINCE.
The retards in the " villiage people " are now, procastinating and masturbating about demanding a bypass system, ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; .
Are you FKKIN serious, the system is burried 2M underground, beneath 5 ton of cement, happy landings.
We have a dickhead electrical " ENGINEER" leading the charge on this one so-- happy landings. FUKKIN SPARKIES.

WATCH THIS SPACE, TAAA TA TA CHARGE.

Was everyone aware at the time of building this was the system? Anyway as per every where else including Surin city, every one has their own buffer tank and pressure pump.
Your going to tell me now. This is in fact the after thought. ... and for you as well?

Was everyone aware at the time of building this was the system? Anyway as per every where else including Surin city, every one has their own buffer tank and pressure pump.

Your going to tell me now. This is in fact the after thought. ... and for you as well?

Not for those who rent!

We, in recent weeks, have had 3 power outages, due to lunacy and typical Thainess- you get that.
Our viliage, bar myself and a single Enlglish lad, are ran*ting and raving about no water during the power outages---DER dickheads-f&ckwits.
Our system, is vertually the same as any other in this f*cked up dream time, all our primary water supply is a dribble fed from a supply main, into a 2000 + <
tank and then pump fed @ 35 kpa into the house ring main.

35 kpa (35 barg) seems high for a domestic supply. Mine is half that.

Yes, but that does not solve the problem. When the electrical supply is off, you have no water pump to pump your reserve water supply. Our reserve is 2,100 liters. When there are known problems with the electrical supply, we keep 2 x 5-gallon buckets of water in the 2 bathrooms to allow for an emergency flush or two. :) :) :)

Yes, but that does not solve the problem. When the electrical supply is off, you have no water pump to pump your reserve water supply. Our reserve is 2,100 liters. When there are known problems with the electrical supply, we keep 2 x 5-gallon buckets of water in the 2 bathrooms to allow for an emergency flush or two. :) :) :)
Oops forgot about that, small problem. :)

1) If you have a raised water tank, then surely when there is no power to operate the pump, water can be drained from the tank at a lower level (ie ground level toilets and cocks). If not raised, then buy another and raise it up high!
2) If the mains water pipe is accessible where it enters your property (ie perhaps where the meter is situate ) then attach a cock to this pipe, so that you can access mains water directly at any time whether there is a power outage or not.
3) Consider a solar pump in addition, as Mango 2 you 2 suggested above

1) If you have a raised water tank, then surely when there is no power to operate the pump, water can be drained from the tank at a lower level (ie ground level toilets and cocks). If not raised, then buy another and raise it up high!
2) If the mains water pipe is accessible where it enters your property (ie perhaps where the meter is situate ) then attach a cock to this pipe, so that you can access mains water directly at any time whether there is a power outage or not.
3) Consider a solar pump in addition, as Mango 2 you 2 suggested above
Our headder tank is buried below ground so, no access to the pipes feeding the pump some 12 meters away under the foundations.
It is true, no one gave this a thought until it became an issue.
Until we can confirm what mains pressure is being delivered it;s a thumb suck.
I am considering an alternate method if the problem of power outages persist : IE, a small gen set capable of running the pump only.
Where the pump house is situated, there is no latitude for a solar set up.
VEE VILL ZEE VAT VILL HAPPEN, YA.

If I had experienced power outage often, I would have looked into buying a generator with capacity to power up the whole house. I see they have 7-8Kw generators for less than 30K thb on Lazada. Luckily, the village I live in, have power outage very seldom.
We have an outage about 2 times a month. PEA sucks.

If I had experienced power outage often, I would have looked into buying a generator with capacity to power up the whole house. I see they have 7-8Kw generators for less than 30K thb on Lazada. Luckily, the village I live in, have power outage very seldom.
I live in the same village as @Jeppe and concur that power outages are not very often. We have emergency, standby electric light bulbs that illuminate the house at night. These are good for one hour or so. Thereafter, we have battery lamps and candles. During the past year, I do not think these have been used. Our PEA power supply is pretty reliable.

We have regular outages here, but apart fron no internet, and no fans in hot weather, no real problem. Our water comes from a 40 meter bore with pump, but we can switch over to mains water when no electric. Have both gas and electric for cooking, so we manage OK

Solar is your friend, take the f.....ck wits out of the problem.......no more problem

Please remember that @FERRET wife's latest house was a new homebuild in 2022.

The decision not to go solar was totally up to...well...umm...
Why yes, of course - it's his wife's fault! :p lol

I called on @Rice's knowlege in doing a draw calc on the gen set needed---2.5 kva is well over spec for the job.
Basically, if I get a Honda genny, it will only used to run the boost pump and, if needed, our main fridge.
We have a gas hob in the Thai kitchen so, not really an issue.
As I said, if the outages continue, I will buy one.

Our headder tank is buried below ground so, no access to the pipes feeding the pump some 12 meters away under the foundations.
It is true, no one gave this a thought until it became an issue.
Until we can confirm what mains pressure is being delivered it;s a thumb suck.
I am considering an alternate method if the problem of power outages persist : IE, a small gen set capable of running the pump only.
Where the pump house is situated, there is no latitude for a solar set up.
VEE VILL ZEE VAT VILL HAPPEN, YA.
A header tank under ground, oxymoron ? confused....lol

Back