Income tax on bank interest.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
My wife saw a government employee today (off duty) to question her about claiming back income tax that has been withheld by the bank on deposit account interest. The lady said because it's a joint account it will be more trouble than it's worth - just consider it a donation to the government. It's OK for her to say, it's not her bleeding money!

Has anyone been able to claim any tax back under these (or any other) circumstances?

I have claimed tax back every year for the last 4/5 years.
However the account is in my sole name

My wife saw a government employee today (off duty) to question her about claiming back income tax that has been withheld by the bank on deposit account interest. The lady said because it's a joint account it will be more trouble than it's worth - just consider it a donation to the government. It's OK for her to say, it's not her bleeding money!

Has anyone been able to claim any tax back under these (or any other) circumstances?
You and Mrs Yorky will need to go to the local Tax Office

Would it not work the same as the west. On a joint account one person claims tax for 50% of the tax paid. What is so complicated? But then again. Thailand!.

My weekend ordered transfer from Transferwise to Bangkok Bank arrived dead on schedule at 2.02pm today.

Used them a lot over the past year and cannot fault them.

Agree Nick. Since you recommended them to me a wile back I have used them quite a few times.
And have recommended them to others who are equally pleased with the service.
Works like a Swiss Watch.

Back